Poster on another forum may be compensated, not just a fan

This is a discussion on Poster on another forum may be compensated, not just a fan within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There is a 1911 forum where a person, who posts all the time there, may be compensated damage control for a 1911 manufacturer. If true, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Poster on another forum may be compensated, not just a fan

There is a 1911 forum where a person, who posts all the time there, may be compensated damage control for a 1911 manufacturer. If true, he is making himself out to be just a fan of the brand. He's undoubtedly more intelligent than the average person and is self-employed in the computer field. He writes
    long replies on the same brand's sub-forum constantly defending the particular 1911 manufacturer. If he is compensated, then he's a fraud for having people think he is just a fan.

Any comments/opinions?

VIP Member
    Trolls, ringers, posers and outright frauds permeate cyberia.
    atctimmy, Poseidon and JoJoGunn like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Not surprising. That's big business these days. I'd like to be paid just to post

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by czfellow View Post
    There is a 1911 forum where a person, who posts all the time there, may be compensated damage control for a 1911 manufacturer. If true, he is making himself out to be just a fan of the brand. He's undoubtedly more intelligent than the average person and is self-employed in the computer field. He writes
    long replies on the same brand's sub-forum constantly defending the particular 1911 manufacturer. If he is compensated, then he's a fraud for having people think he is just a fan.

Any comments/opinions?
    If it is the manufacturer I am thinking of, he is earning every penny.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

If that forum had a moderating staff like we have here....that wouldn't last very long. He'd need to start his own website.

Provided I am understanding your post it is no different with the gun magazines (for reading that is lol) or even some of the well known youtube names. How often do you really hear negative reviews?

As far as what people say on the internet please refer to the first line of my signature.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Well, dang... and all along I thought "compensation" had to do with some extra holes near the end of the barrel! I've been snookered once again.
    pfries, jem102, Ionracas and 1 others like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Huge difference, though

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Not surprising. That's big business these days. I'd like to be paid just to post

Sent from my palm device
    There's a world of difference, I think, between posting as a claimed manufacturers rep/employee, and making oneself out to be just a fan and getting paid/compensated.

Quote Originally Posted by czfellow View Post
    There's a world of difference, I think, between posting as a claimed manufacturers rep/employee, and making oneself out to be just a fan and getting paid/compensated.
    What would the difference be?

Besides maybe $30k or more a year I fail to see any difference between paying a spokesperson vs offering perks to loyal customers. Either way it does not mean there is any loyalty to the product beyond some bank or a discount but they both still get something for a few good words in the end.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

There is one on the duck hunting forum I frequent. She is not a hunter has never posted anything to do with duck hunting. Its all about defending liberals and trying to spread the liberal agenda. On a Texas duck hunting forum, its pretty funny, and it doesnt go over very good.

I am not going to lose sleepover it. I don't beleive half the stuff I hear from "experts" Why on earth would I be swayed by the opinion of an unknown person on an internet forum?
    Illusive Man and Adrenaline like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

You mean you can't trust people on the internet? Or believe what they say or who they are? Say it ain't so!!!!!

It's like Helen Keller said, "Believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear,"
    Ionracas, NONAME762 and Brad426 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Reading this thread reminds of my own brand loyality to Smith & Wesson (TM) firearms. Here is a American gun manufacturer that is a globally recognized manufacturer of quality firearms for enthusiasts, hunters, collectors and professionals; since 1852, dedicated to the tradition of quality, reliability, performance and innovation. I have a number of their finely crafted revolvers and each one evokes a feeling pride. Smooth triggers, accurate, and built to last, each one a heirloom in its own right. But if revolvers are not your fancy, then I suggest you look to the Smith & Wesson (TM) M&P offerings of semi-automatic handguns. In summary, I highly recommend a Smith & Wesson (TM) firearm. Go out and buy one today!

Why does this thread make me thing someone had an agenda to post this as their first thing here?
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

If you have a problem with some guy on another forum, why bring it here?

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    mr surveyor and Bad Bob like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links