M&P 9mm range kit

M&P 9mm range kit

This is a discussion on M&P 9mm range kit within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hopefully I found the right place to post this. I'm thinking about picking up an M&P 9mm in a couple of days, and my LGS ...

RT [OP]

M&P 9mm range kit

Hopefully I found the right place to post this. I'm thinking about picking up an M&P 9mm in a couple of days, and my LGS has the carry and range kit priced at $525. Does this sound like a decent price or should I try to talk them down a bit? I've tried researching a little to come up with an average street price but couldn't find much. Also, is the kit worth the increase in price over just the M&P without the extras? Any advice would be appreciated as I am working with a fairly limited budget for the time being.

In Massachusetts that's about as low as you're going to get. The lowest Ive ever seen is $515 cash and $525 credit.
    Yes, the kit is a good deal. One extra mag, a decent holster and mag holster that you can use for IDPA and the uplula mag loader that usually costs about $30 just by itself.

VIP Member
    First off, welcome to the forum.

Price looks to be in line with what Bud's Guns sales it for. Personally, I don't care for the cheap holster and magazine holder. So for me I'd skip the extras and just get the gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

RT [OP]
    Thanks guys. I'll probably still try to deal with them a little as I plan on paying with cash and purchasing several accessories and a few other item as well. I was ready to pay the $525 before, so regardless I'll be coming home with it sometime this weekend.

Ours were 519 locally here, that was last november. So right now 525 is a great price. They way stuff is flying off the shelf, no one is really dealing. The stuff in it is not bad either. The best part is the 3 mag's and if you get your significant other to get one like my wife and I, you have 6 mag's for comps. Happy shooting! Oh, the stuff in there is much more independent also. The uplula is a great item to have, saves your fingers. Cheers!

5 and a quarter is what I paid last month. Three mags and an UPLULA is a good deal. Had a set of Trijicon HDs installed, and now it is set, or will be once the Milt Sparks 55BN gets here. M&Ps are nice guns.

RT [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    5 and a quarter is what I paid last month. Three mags and an UPLULA is a good deal. Had a set of Trijicon HDs installed, and now it is set, or will be once the Milt Sparks 55BN gets here. M&Ps are nice guns.
    I went ahead and picked it up, and I also sprung for the Trijicon HDs. I'm glad I did too because it appears front sight acquisition is much faster with the HDs than with the standard Trijicons, for me anyway. All in all, not a bad deal. Hopefully I'll get some time in the next few days to get out to the range. I'm curious to see if it shoots as nice as it feels in my hand.

Links