Pro-gun author Paxton Quigley goes ANTI

This is a discussion on Pro-gun author Paxton Quigley goes ANTI within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SamRudolph Pax said that? I think I will have to go over to TFL and see what's going on... Nope, don't feel ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Pro-gun author Paxton Quigley goes ANTI

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    Pax said that? I think I will have to go over to TFL and see what's going on...
    Nope, don't feel bad I did the same thing. Pax is Kathy Jackson, not Paxton Quigley.

Sent via Tapatalk, and still using real words.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    I am completely unimpressed with this author. She is not a friend to freedom, and she should keep her foolish opinions to herself. I can't stand people who want to see things banned for no other reason than because they don't personally see the "need" for them.

^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

She should shut her pie hole,
    if this is the incessant garbage she is going to spew.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

One more thing, my guess is that in this environment she just committed career suicide. It's going to be hard to come back from that when every google search for her is going to bring up loads of forum discussions about this. If I were her I would publish a retraction ASAP.

I wonder if she even understands that the 1984 Assault Weapons ban was completely ineffective, not because it banned the wrong guns or not enough guns. But because the use of AW's is statistically insignificant in the grand scheme of gun violence. If you ban weapons that are used in much less than 1% of crimes it may make you feel good but you should not be surprised when it doesn't change anything.

You really want to make a difference in gun crimes, get serious about punishing them. Quit plea bargaining the crimes down. Throw the book at the small percentage of criminals that are truly violent. And leave the rest of us alone.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

it sounds like "I don't want one so no one else needs one" speech to me

VIP Member
    She called for a ban of online ammo sales also. Something else she does not realize is not everyone can buy every type and caliber of ammo ever made. I challenge to her to walk into a gun shop and pick up some 218 Bee, 256 Win Mag, 30-40 Krag or some 6.5 Ariska just for a few examples. Without Internet sales those of us who like obscure calibers would be unable to shoot.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Nope, don't feel bad I did the same thing. Pax is Kathy Jackson, not Paxton Quigley.

Sent via Tapatalk, and still using real words.
    Heh, I'm guessing that's what your edited post was? Minor heart attack there. Sheesh.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I wonder if she even understands that the 1984 Assault Weapons ban was completely ineffective, not because it banned the wrong guns or not enough guns. But because the use of AW's is statistically insignificant in the grand scheme of gun violence. If you ban weapons that are used in much less than 1% of crimes it may make you feel good but you should not be surprised when it doesn't change anything.

You really want to make a difference in gun crimes, get serious about punishing them. Quit plea bargaining the crimes down. Throw the book at the small percentage of criminals that are truly violent. And leave the rest of us alone.
    that was the 1994 AWB courtesy of our friend of liberty Bill Clinton. Did nothing to curb crime....look it up. Yet the politicians want to re-implement this worthless ban......

"The true sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result". Hence, our politicians are all freaking INSANE.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Well, you know what the old saying goes, "A leopard never changes its spots" or "Never trust a snake".

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    An "assault rifle" is anything that the anti's dont like.

I've seen the news media call a Win 30-30 an "assault rifle" because it could fire more than one shot.
    My Cherokee ancestors would agree with the classifcation! But that was 1894 and times have changed, or have they as the 30-30 leveler makes a great back to a M4!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links