Springfield XD45 for lefty

This is a discussion on Springfield XD45 for lefty within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I see that when you buy this gun it comes with a holster and mag pouch for right handed people. Is there a way to ...

Thread: Springfield XD45 for lefty

Springfield XD45 for lefty

I see that when you buy this gun it comes with a holster and mag pouch for right handed people.
    Is there a way to get a lefty holster and mag pouch from the factory for free by just trading the righty stuff for the lefty?

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Not sure, but if you use the slide release , this isn't the gun for a leftie. My girlfriend had a XD40 and the slide stop is too far back to release with out some contorsions.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Why don't you call SA and find out?

http://www.springfield-armory.com/si...ontactus.shtml
    XD9 Service
    Bersa 380 Thunder
    Taurus 605
    ...a few others

Texas XD Practical Shooters Association

I am a lefty. I own an XD45. I went out and bought my own holster. I agree with luberjack98. Just call them. All they can say is no.

Ok, I just called them and they said their supplier doesn't make lefty stuff at this time.
    I don't get it. How hard would it be to make molds for lefties?
    I would be willing to pay to ship it to trade off. All they have to do is put my new righty stuff in another box.

I am loyal to companies that go out of there way to sell to every customer and not just who they choose to.

Ok, I'll say it. As a lefty we get discriminated all the time. We never see the ACLU ever fighting for our rights.

Rant over.

junky holster anyways why worry about it and yeah im a lefty

Get it! I'm a lefty and have an XD9. I'm with the others on the holster issue. The one that comes with it ain't that great anyway so plan on getting a different one. I don't release the slide with the release, I just pull back on the slide. There's too much tension on the slide release and it's easier as a lefty to just pull the slide back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick7340 View Post
    I don't get it. How hard would it be to make molds for lefties?
    Not very hard, but it costs a lot of money to make a new setup.

I am loyal to companies that go out of there way to sell to every customer and not just who they choose to.
    It's a cost benefit analysis that us accountants like to do. It's already a "free" holster, mag loader and mag holder.

I'm sure that there not sitting there thinking of ways to screw lefties.
    XD9 Service
    Bersa 380 Thunder
    Taurus 605
    ...a few others

Texas XD Practical Shooters Association

Love the gun, but the holster is a piece of you know what. If you can get it for free, get it, but DO NOT BUY IT. Even if you get it for free, plan on getting something less ghetto.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    righty people hate us lefties.
    They're jealous of our superior skills.
    They are out to get us.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

After looking at one of those "free" Springfield holsters, I was not jealous that there aren't any made for left-handers like me. There are too many good holsters (kydex, I mean) out there for 45-70 bucks to worry about a cheap one. Like most folks here, I have learned that money spent on good holsters is never wasted, money spent on cheap holsters is like money spent on firecrackers...pop and it's gone.
    What Would Gumby Do?

I guess my main point is, they are adding the extra stuff as a bonus for free but you know it is added to the price of the gun.
    If I can't even use it because I'm left handed then keep the free stuff and take the cost of it off the price. I can't even use the mag holder because it would sit on the wrong side or hold the mags the wrong way.
    It's like going in and buying a car and them adding all the dealer add ons. Like $80 floor mats. I tell them to keep the mats and take $80 off the price.
    It would be better if they leave the trash out that no one wants anyway and give a better deal on the gun. Doesn't it cheapen the gun by adding junk to go with it? That's if you knew nothing about the gun but what you saw in the case.

I guess my main point is, they are adding the extra stuff as a bonus for free but you know it is added to the price of the gun.
    If I can't even use it because I'm left handed then keep the free stuff and take the cost of it off the price. I can't even use the mag holder because it would sit on the wrong side or hold the mags the wrong way.
    It's like going in and buying a car and them adding all the dealer add ons. Like $80 floor mats. I tell them to keep the mats and take $80 off the price.
    It would be better if they leave the trash out that no one wants anyway and give a better deal on the gun. Doesn't it cheapen the gun by adding junk to go with it? That's if you knew nothing about the gun but what you saw in the case.

I'm "southpaw" also and I agee with you 110%

It's all just marketing and the marketing share for the left-handed people is so small that they don't worry about it. That's just life as a lefty. Things are actually MUCH better now than they were years ago! I can think of 2-3 top tier holster makers that are left-handed themselves!
    Besides, left handed people have such refined taste in holsters that S.A. knows we don't want one of them.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Links