Know what the 20 best selling guns are for 2012 at Bud's?

This is a discussion on Know what the 20 best selling guns are for 2012 at Bud's? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by C hawk Glock There is one thing in common with pretty much all of those guns. They are all budget firearms. Other ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Know what the 20 best selling guns are for 2012 at Bud's?

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    There is one thing in common with pretty much all of those guns. They are all budget firearms. Other then the Smiths they can keep every single one of those models.
    Have you shot the SR9C. I loved it and the price is right.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Need to break that down a bit more 6 were not hand guns 1 was used so the number would be more like better than 50% of the new hand guns were Ruger. Your always going to have a one or two discount brands on the list.
    Of course having been a Ruger fan for years it does not surprise me.
    Small sample of my Rugers I do allow the PARA next to them
    I thought you lost those in a boating accident?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Have you shot the SR9C. I loved it and the price is right.
    Nothing wrong with the SR9C at all, but why when for a little but more I can have a Glock, M&P or PPQ.
    zonker1986 and Poseidon like this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am surprised to see the Nagant revolver up there. I have one for my collection but the ammo is usually hard to find and fairly expensive.
    Luckily you can get .32 ACP cylinders for them to shoot a little cheaper.

There is one thing in common with pretty much all of those guns. They are all budget firearms. Other then the Smiths they can keep every single one of those models.
    Quite honestly most of them are actually quite durable firearms, I wouldn't suggest a hi point however. The RIA 1911 is in my experience one of the most reliable 1911s, my commander model is as accurate and more reliable than my brothers 2006 model Kimber Pro Carry. I could go through most the rest and compare them to much higher cost similar firearms, and they'll usually come out close. Not sure on the one AK, and not much of a Taurus fan, but that is just personal preference, as they do make good firearms.

I think a lot of people buy into the marketing of the big companies, I won't lie you get what you pay for a lot of times, but there are a lot of quality firearms on the cheap.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of what they want to buy and shoot though.

Regards,

JEAM

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    all low-end newbie guns with a few exceptions. I've purchase a few guns from Buds in the last three years and am proud to say, not one makes the list.
    1. Mosin-Nagant M91/30 7.62X54R Very Good Condition
    2. New Ruger LCP .380
    4. SOVIET NAGANT M1895 REVOLVER W/ ACCESSORIES
    5. Mossberg 500 Cruiser 12g 20" 8rnd CB PG
    6. Ruger LC9 9mm w/ Lasermax Laser
    8. Ruger LCP .380 2.75" w/Lasermax Laser
    9. Ruger LC9 7+1 9mm Bl 3 dot Adj Sts
    11. Used S&W Police Model 10 38sp Square Butt
    15. Ruger SR9c 9mm Compact
    16. Ruger P95 9mm Stainless, w Rail 15 round
    17. Ruger SR9c 9mm Compact Black
    19. Used S&W Police Model 10 38sp Round Butt

So those are all low-end newbie guns? Darn, and here I thought I was just looking at some good ol' working gun's that wouldn't break the bank. Silly me.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

RKM
    I really expected the M&P15 Sport to be high on the list. It's not even there.

Someone replied about the Nagant Revolver being expensive to shoot:

Luckily you can get .32 ACP cylinders for them to shoot a little cheaper.
    Why buy a gun in one caliber to have to buy something to make it good for you to fire? JMO but spending 70 bucks to put in a new cylinder takes away the purpose of buying a collectible firearm.

I know folks that shoot .32 SW long in the existing cylinder...but I am not advising that here.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Somewhere, Bill Ruger is smiling.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Nothing wrong with the SR9C at all, but why when for a little but more I can have a Glock, M&P or PPQ.
    I can't understand why anyone would buy a Glock fired them many times they are a fat over rated over price weapon at best ok I would take the Ruger any day.
    paullie and BurgerBoy like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I can't understand why anyone would buy a Glock fired them many times they are a fat over rated over price weapon at best ok I would take the Ruger any day.
    Good for you..... Have at them..... I could care less if you don't like Glock or M&P etc....... I can't hold anything against you for own opinion, even if it is wrong.

I also just don't understand that when you call a spade a spade in the firearms world, people get all worked up about. It would be like going to a car dealership and saying that Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic is a budget minded vehichle, and then have people arugue with you like they are a luxury vehicle.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Why buy a gun in one caliber to have to buy something to make it good for you to fire? JMO but spending 70 bucks to put in a new cylinder takes away the purpose of buying a collectible firearm.

I know folks that shoot .32 SW long in the existing cylinder...but I am not advising that here.
    I got the Nagant ammo for sale at $19.95 a box w/ free shipping from PSA. That is clearly on the high end, but with a revolver that's such a pain to load and unload, has a crazy stiff trigger, and virtually no sights...you only really need so much ammo for it. I had plenty of fun just putting a cylinder or two through it; not the kind of gun I will fire hundreds of round through in one session, and I suspect few others will either. There are also the 1,080 rd cans of surplus available for it for like $300 or so. That would probably last a while...
    suntzu likes this.

Someone replied about the Nagant Revolver being expensive to shoot:

Just saying people have that option, I have a buddy who does run the .32 acp cylinder, and it's quite fun to shoot. Also if you want all you have to do is toss the 7.62 nagant cylinder back in and it's back to original.

Regards,

JEAM

Nice. I have #2 and #15 and am considering picking up #9.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
    NRA Member

How about those Hi Points? They are selling more now. I know several people with Hi Points and from what I've seen and heard from them they are dependable and accurate guns. Break them in right, polish the feed ramp and they shoot well. Sure they are ugly and bulky and not right for CCW, but for range, plinking, and home defense they will serve you well... and they are inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    I am on the fence about shopping there. It kind of bugs me when they say that their website and prices are changed daily by a computer and they have no control over it. I also dont like that they show pictures that dont nesecarily reflect what your buying.

They seem to be a good service overall and they dont delete negative ratings either. I may work up the courage eventualy.

The LAST guy I dealt with I met on GunsAmerica.com, his shop is Union Outfitters in West Virginia. Jan 1st he starts an "End of the Year" layaway on his inventory. 10% down and you have to make SOME kind of payment on the first of each month. Shipping is free so you're really only paying a transfer fee. Great guy to deal with and he has a TON of stuff. I've seen buds and looked but ended up going to Union Outfitters and don't regret it! I had my gun a following tuesday after shipping Saturday.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links