CIA TV showcases Chiappa Rhino

This is a discussion on CIA TV showcases Chiappa Rhino within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I hope this is the right forum for this. If not, feel free to move it around! I've been watching the new-ish TV show, Covert ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jesters Dead

Thread: CIA TV showcases Chiappa Rhino

I hope this is the right forum for this. If not, feel free to move it around!

I've been watching the new-ish TV show, Covert Affairs since it started and I admit to liking it. It's about a woman who becomes a newly minted CIA agent and her various spook adventures. It stars Piper Perabo (Coyote Ugly) in a much different sort of role, which she handles pretty well, but the thing I found sort of interesting is that they have given her a Chiappa Rhino as a sidearm. For those who know, it's an odd choice for a TV show, in a way. Oh it looks cool all right, but I doubt that the CIA would issue a wheel gun these days. My wife and I were watching it the other night and she said how unusual the gun was, and that was what started me thinking:

Anyone know if any government agency still issues or approves revolvers? Not talking about local LEOs or police....I mean the fed folks like CIA, NSA, FBI, etc. Inquiring minds want to know.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    No idea. What I do know is that Piper chick is not hot. The Rhino is more interesting than she is, by a long shot.
    Ionracas likes this.

I really want to try out the Rhino. I like the longer barrel models.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Dead View Post
    No idea. What I do know is that Piper chick is not hot. The Rhino is more interesting than she is, by a long shot.
    Dont know what is funnier, your comment or that I started cheering Jesters dead! In my mind once I read your user name.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

The DEA agent I know carries a Sig P229 .40S&W. Coming out of the Academy he had a choice between a Glock or Sig and went with the Sig.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Though I'm not a fan of the show (at all), she sure is hot. I wouldn't mind a show that consisted of her, Zeeva(sp?/NCIS) and Fiona(Burn Notice). Beautiful gals.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

How about Zeeva(sp?/NCIS) and Fiona(Burn Notice) and the gal that does "Resident Evil" that would be good.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Sponsored Links