BATFE just spiked my PO meter, rebranding itself "Violent Crime Bureau!"

This is a discussion on BATFE just spiked my PO meter, rebranding itself "Violent Crime Bureau!" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm thinking the booze was flowing over at the ATF, or is it BATFE, or is it Violent Crime Bureau, when the focus group came ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: BATFE just spiked my PO meter, rebranding itself "Violent Crime Bureau!"

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

BATFE just spiked my PO meter, rebranding itself "Violent Crime Bureau!"

I'm thinking the booze was flowing over at the ATF, or is it BATFE, or is it Violent Crime Bureau, when the focus group came up with this doozy. Trying to rebrand themselves into something they are NOT. Very few "A" alcohol cases (why?), very few "T' cases (why?) and they're getting their BUTTocks slapped over "F" Fast & Furious. So that leaves "E" and they've probably found a way to screw that up too. So really they are the "Bureau of Nothing Except Screwing with your American Rights of Firearm Ownership," AKA "BONES ARFO."

ATF Keeps Its Name, but Adds a New One - Law Blog - WSJ

The agency’s current name is something of an anachronism because it brings fewer than a hundred alcohol and tobacco cases a year. And its reputation as a firearms regulator took a hit because of the Fast and Furious scandal, the subject of a new report from the Justice Department’s inspector general.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Why do I mix up the word Bureau with the word Burro?

*No disrespect to the hard-working horse-like animals.
    mprp, Ionracas, RichB70 and 2 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Well, between ATF, BATFE and now VCB, it's going to get confusing as to which bunch it is that's shown up across the street in their raids. And how much does all this cost just to sew the initials on the back of the uniforms even. I think they just ought to kill 2 birds with one stone. They can use initials that describes it well and one that everyone already knows. IDK ought to do it.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Scary name = More $$
    what politician could dare cut funding to the "Violent Crime Bureau"? The MSM really likes the ATF and Just imaging the creative headlines they can use. To the point, cutting funding for BATFE doesn't have the same ring as cutting funding to the [Add Scary Echo] "Violent Crime Bureau".

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    How about "Dissolved" as a new office title?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Just a name change hoping people will forget about their abuses and overbearing excesses in enforcement and trying to validate a reason for their continued existence.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

If Bloomberg keeps on his rampage of what is good for us to put in our bodies then maybe they can switch it to Burritos, Alcohol, Tobbaco, Firearms and Explosives
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    A burrito with some alcohol will make for an explosive enough situation that you won't need firearms to constitute deadly force.
    BkCo1 and Ionracas like this.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    This seems to be another example of the growing militarization of our country's justice system. These people scare me and I don't trust them to do the right thing. I believe there is power in a name--power to influence others' perception, but more importantly, their image of themselves. Already they strike me as the types that like to run big, expensive ops that let them play with their most dangerous toys, break things, and intimidate people. I seem to recall several times when they have been involved outside of their own operational domain. Frankly, I don't see the need for them. If we must have them, why not put them under the FBI; or just re-size of the FBI to handle the increased load? I dislike the current notion of needing more and more heavily armed federal agents running around inside our country with such a clear absence of oversight.
    rigel42 likes this.

VIP Member
    Look at it this way, the Violent Crime Bureau will be tied up for decades investigating itself.

Distinguished Member
    Why don't they rename it BARF-Bureau Actually Redistributing Funds. Our funds!

Slight of hand. They're hoping the people (sheeple) will forget all it's past transgressions if it's name indicates it is now working to solve and eliminate the countries "violent crime." Sad thing is, it will probably work.

If you put lipstick on a pig.....It's still a pig....
    Ionracas likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RAC55 View Post
    If you put lipstick on a pig.....It's still a pig....
    That might depend on ones attention span
    RAC55 likes this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

"ATF acting director B. Todd Jones said, “That’s a concept that we batted around.” He added that the agency was focused on returning to its fundamental mission and said, “How it’s labeled is less important than what it does.”"

Then why are you sitting around contemplating a name change? "It" wasn't doing anything while you were sitting around talking. It all seems rather pretentious to me.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links