Favorite Reality Gun Show on TV

This is a discussion on Favorite Reality Gun Show on TV within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Combat Pawn - I only saw that once. Didn't really do all that much for me. The new season of SURVIVORMAN starts soon. Did you ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Favorite Reality Gun Show on TV

Administrator
    Combat Pawn - I only saw that once. Didn't really do all that much for me.

The new season of SURVIVORMAN starts soon. Did you see the recent WWLD commercial? What Would Les Do?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Combat Pawn - I only saw that once. Didn't really do all that much for me.

The new season of SURVIVORMAN starts soon. Did you see the recent WWLD commercial? What Would Les Do?
    I didn't know they were still making that show. That is real stuff right there. I don't know how he comes up with half of the stuff he knows. Now the bear grills show just pissed me off watching it mostly because everyone was talking about all the crazy stuff he did, but it was proven to be fake and I knew it the whole time.

I watch some of the shows some of the time. I thought the American guns show where they made the custom .45 for the wife was wild. Who would put diamonds all over a gun? But the gun did look cool.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Heard that. Football is all I watch anymore.
    Big fan, are you, of the end-zone dancing and the guys who huff and puff when they think they make the play of the game--even when their team is behind by 21 points? Nah, I've given up on the all-about-me NFL.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I don't have cable and rarely watch TV except to see the Lions find another low. Recently I was stuck in a "hotel" with nothing else to do but watch cable. I thought American Guns was somewhat cool given their ability to actual make a gun. I didn't like the way they tried to sensationalize the final test shoot with exploding targets or whatever.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I like to watch gun shows on TV. I don't care if they are scripted (though, sometimes the obviousness of it is irritating). I just like watching stuff go BOOM.

Top Shot is still my favorite, and I don't even mind the rocks and other weapons because they say it's a "marksmanship" show, not a guns-only show.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Too many commercials. 30 minute program on tv = 10 minutes programing and 20 commercials and fillers.

Love all the shows with shooting and guns. Have to DVR them.

Administrator
    I record EVERYTHING that I want to watch and then Fast Forward through all of the commercials. If they ever get rid of the FAST FORWARD option for recorded shows...that will be the same day that I drop TV.

Actually though some of the GUN TV commercials are better than the shows.
    gottabkiddin and mano3 like this.

Distinguished Member
    I like Top Shot as it gives me the opportunity to see all sorts of weapons in use. I've learned a lot just from watching them (not from the people on there but watching the guns, etc.).
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I don't really like any of the "reality" shows about guns, way too cheesy and melodramatic for my taste.. I do however like most all the sprotsman shows available on the Outdoor channel on Directv.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I like the Sportsman Channel's gun shows over the others.

American Guns is OK - I like the gunsmithing parts and Paige (once you get over the giraffe neck).
    QKShooter likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Administrator
    Give the girl a break she inherited that extra long neck VIA the DNA. It was a hereditary situation out of her direct control. And she cannot go for a neckectomy since they don't have a cosmetic neck shortening procedure available as of yet.
    Though that would make an interesting reality show in and of itself.
    mano3 likes this.

^^^^^

You said, "Neckectomy."
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

These are not in my opinion reality show's. IMO A reality gun show would be to drop of a mall ninja, or a computer commando... or even a gamer i a gang infested hood with $20.00, a folding knife, and a loaded glock 17 and two spare mag's. While dressed in a lime green pimp suit. If he could make it out within a certain amount of time he gets the prize money. If he makes it out at all... he gets to keep the Glock.

THAT"S! a reality show.
    OldVet likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    mano3, QKShooter--you two keep liking each other and people are going to start talking!
    QKShooter and mano3 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links