can a bullet go through this?

This is a discussion on can a bullet go through this? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Its not my opinion. Its a factual study done by a retired LEO. BTW, those ARE out of a pistol. Its in last months American ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: can a bullet go through this?

Its not my opinion. Its a factual study done by a retired LEO. BTW, those ARE out of a pistol. Its in last months American Rifleman, the article called "Handgun Stopping Power." i am not advocating .22lr as a defense round, im just repeating what ive already said before...LETS KEEP IT TRUTHFUL.
    You mean your pocket rocket that you carry isnt a .22???? I think you advocate using a .22 pistol for self defense. I would like you to show me where any training school, any PD, carry a .22 or advocate carrying one for self defense. If you want to bet your life on your so called pocket rocket, then by all means, but I will not handicap myself with a .22 nor will I advocate it for SD
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Not sure about the point of the question but I would not expect and combination of layers of garments to stop any round. BTW: I would also not trust any firearm I carried for self defense to have to be soaked in CLP overnight aft 500 round to makes sure it functions properly. Sounds like your extractor or spring is defective. But then again, I am not a gunsmith :)
    Well put. I wouldnt use it for self defense until those problems are fixed and she runs without a hiccup. I do go a bit overboard on the cleaning myself...some people play video games, i clean my guns lol
    031131 and suntzu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    You mean your pocket rocket that you carry isnt a .22???? I think you advocate using a .22 pistol for self defense. I would like you to show me where any training school, any PD, carry a .22 or advocate carrying one for self defense. If you want to bet your life on your so called pocket rocket, then by all means, but I will not handicap myself with a .22 nor will I advocate it for SD
    you still going? Lol. Fight on, brave caliber warrior.

BTW, who cares what LEOs use? Most cant hit the broad side of a barn, which makes their choice irrelevant,

Now I forget the specifics but I believe there was once a bank robbery in CA (it's famous so you should know what I'm talking about). Somewhere in L.A CA actually and the BG's were wearing full body armor and the PD wasn't exactly making a dent so to speak. I'm pretty sure it ended as one officer took out the legs of the BG at a vulnerable spot. So shot placement proved to be better then caliber when it mattered. Sure you aren't going to be shooting through brick walls but you can still do the job when it counts.
    tricolordad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Now I forget the specifics but I believe there was once a bank robbery in CA (it's famous so you should know what I'm talking about). Somewhere in L.A CA actually and the BG's were wearing full body armor and the PD wasn't exactly making a dent so to speak. I'm pretty sure it ended as one officer took out the legs of the BG at a vulnerable spot. So shot placement proved to be better then caliber when it mattered. Sure you aren't going to be shooting through brick walls but you can still do the job when it counts.
    Awesome reference lol they made a movie too. Showed the SWAT officer running down an alley with a shopping cart full of AR15s and boxes of ammo a gun shop borrowed to the LAPD to take care of it, but he got there a few minutes too late.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    you still going? Lol. Fight on, brave caliber warrior.

BTW, who cares what LEOs use? Most cant hit the broad side of a barn, which makes their choice irrelevant,
    I see that you are to..Its ok, you continue to carry your .22. I figured you for a leo hater. Its ok, some have done it, and others like yourself just speak from a porch thinking you actually understand.

You are correct, shot placement is key.

Bravado, small talk and all that...

I see that you are to..Its ok, you continue to carry your .22. I figured you for a leo hater. Its ok, some have done it, and others like yourself just speak from a porch thinking you actually understand.

You are correct, shot placement is key.
    Three responses and Im done:
    1. Cops are not here to be our friends. Since they're not extending their hands in friendship, neither am I.
    2. This soldier speaks from experience. I hope you washed your foot before putting it in your mouth. Porches are dirty.
    3. It is well known that the average cop is a terrible shot. The blame for that falls in two directions. The department, for not providing more training, and the cop, for not hitting the range when he knew it was a problem. I have no effect on that outcome and to call me a cop hater for stating the obvious is rediculous. You may, however, call me a curmudgeon and I will agree with you.

Three responses and Im done:
    1. Cops are not here to be our friends. Since they're not extending their hands in friendship, neither am I.
    2. This soldier speaks from experience. I hope you washed your foot before putting it in your mouth. Porches are dirty.
    3. It is well known that the average cop is a terrible shot. The blame for that falls in two directions. The department, for not providing more training, and the cop, for not hitting the range when he knew it was a problem. I have no effect on that outcome and to call me a cop hater for stating the obvious is rediculous. You may, however, call me a curmudgeon and I will agree with you.
    Ill respond to your list then I am done also...

1) You have no idea, Its a two way street.
    2) Your experience as a soldier should have taught you something, your foot has never left your mouth.
    3) Police have a hard enough time trying to figure out who is friend and who is not, you have made it clear that you are not. Most of the officers in this nation do train, most have a level of professionalism that you will never understand in any work environment. I will not be calling you names, its not necessary.

Yeah, thank goodness for the other two I have. I really like that p22 though :( oh well.

the point about the original post (before we got side tracked about different caliber) was in a sumed up version. can the mentioned vest and jacket combination stop a .22. Though we seem to have beat that horse enough now.

But we are off topic anyway so I mine as well throw out that there is a gunshow in Manchester, NH this weekend. I plan to go and figured I would pass the info along to anyone who is in the new england area.
    I guess I'm the only one going to the gun show?
    tricolordad likes this.

I guess I'm the only one going to the gun show?
    lol

Well put. I wouldnt use it for self defense until those problems are fixed and she runs without a hiccup. I do go a bit overboard on the cleaning myself...some people play video games, i clean my guns lol
    Think I know where the over board cleaning comes from.
    tricolordad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Think I know where the over board cleaning comes from.
    Hooah!

Only 22 hand gun I own is way to larger to CC. I do have a 25 Auto I carry at times and darn sure a .22 of equal size would be just as effective.
    Like others I not saying a 22 or 25 is the best option for a SD weapon just an option when small compact if needed. Any weapon beats no weapon.
    Real world any SD in going to be close and more than one round is going to be fired . I would not want a 5 shot 22 emptied into me.
    And I just can't get that M4 in the holster.

Only 22 hand gun I own is way to larger to CC. I do have a 25 Auto I carry at times and darn sure a .22 of equal size would be just as effective.
    Like others I not saying a 22 or 25 is the best option for a SD weapon just an option when small compact if needed. Any weapon beats no weapon.
    Real world any SD in going to be close and more than one round is going to be fired . I would not want a 5 shot 22 emptied into me.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but the bold part is always such a weak argument in my opinion. I wouldn't want to be hit with a rolled up magazine 5 times, but that doesn't make it a good SD choice...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post

I don't disagree with anything you said, but the bold part is always such a weak argument in my opinion. I wouldn't want to be hit with a rolled up magazine 5 times, but that doesn't make it a good SD choice...
    I clearly state it is not the best option.
    My assigned weapon as a 1Sg was a 9mm but you can bet every time I went anywhere I took an M4.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links