can a bullet go through this?

This is a discussion on can a bullet go through this? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by tricolordad Three responses and Im done: 1. Cops are not here to be our friends. Since they're not extending their hands in ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: can a bullet go through this?

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Three responses and Im done:
    1. Cops are not here to be our friends. Since they're not extending their hands in friendship, neither am I.
    2. This soldier speaks from experience. I hope you washed your foot before putting it in your mouth. Porches are dirty.
    3. It is well known that the average cop is a terrible shot. The blame for that falls in two directions. The department, for not providing more training, and the cop, for not hitting the range when he knew it was a problem. I have no effect on that outcome and to call me a cop hater for stating the obvious is rediculous. You may, however, call me a curmudgeon and I will agree with you.

Really?

You seem pretty opinionated about cops, both their reason for being and their proficiency. I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong. From my experience most cops are better shots than most soldiers. What was your MOS anyway since you are claiming all this awesome experience? A 22 LR pocket rocket? No my 640 Pro or my Glock 27 is about the same size as your 22 and WAY more of a rocket. A 22 LR may well be lethal, but you can not count on it stopping anything larger than a rabid gofer.

A punctured lung? Ok, lets wait 30 minutes before a tension pneumothorax develops.
    Harryball and OD* like this.

2. Remove Ads

I don't seem to be grasping the point here. can be killed by .22, can be killed by .45. get shot in the head with .22, .45 your dead. Before you waste your time there is documented cases of people surviving and dieing from both so bottom line is if you get shot it isn't going to be a good day. Don't know why there is so much debate here.

So how much do we think I could find a remington 870 for at this gun show? will be my first gun show so looking for ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    I don't seem to be grasping the point here. can be killed by .22, can be killed by .45. get shot in the head with .22, .45 your dead. Before you waste your time there is documented cases of people surviving and dieing from both so bottom line is if you get shot it isn't going to be a good day. Don't know why there is so much debate here.

So how much do we think I could find a remington 870 for at this gun show? will be my first gun show so looking for ideas.
    You stand a better chance of stopping the threat with a .45 than you do with a .22, both will kill you. However, which one will stop the BG before he puts his knife into your chest. There is the debate. Incapacitation vs. lethality.

I use mine for rabbits and prarie dogs. For some reason for any game larger I feel the need for something with more power (as does the division of wildlife) .
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Administrator
    articulated triple density back protector in it. <~~~~Much would depend on how that is constructed. Not all of them contain any KEVLAR at all.
    Even if your protector had some layers of Kevlar for skid protection there would need to be some sort of a N.I.J. threat level rating.
    While a few thicknesses of Kevlar might be enough to save your skin from abrasion there may be a huge difference between doing that and stopping any bullet.
    40Bob likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links