LEO contact today

LEO contact today

This is a discussion on LEO contact today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Had a LE encounter today and just thought I'd share with the forum. Early this morning my neighbor came knocking upon my door to tell ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Glhadiator
  • 1 Post By mcgyver210
  • 1 Post By Bad Bob

Thread: LEO contact today

LEO contact today

Had a LE encounter today and just thought I'd share with the forum.

Early this morning my neighbor came knocking upon my door to tell me that he had just called the Sheriffs office on another neighbor. This particular neighbor is a convicted/registered pedophile. A BG. He told me that this guys dogs were loose again and killed his cat. He said that he was aware that we were having problems with the dogs as well and would it be ok if the officer came over and got a report from us. I said I thought it would be a good idea. So...

I live in an inform state (NE) so when the Officer approached me (I was setting up a sprinkler in the yard) and made contact I handed him my DL, CHL and informed him I was carrying. He briefly examined the CHL and then he got this cheshire grin from ear to ear. As he was handing them back to me he said, "You know, I really like this! You know why? Because an armed society is a polite society!"

Our local Officers were out on calls so this Officer came in from the next town over. I didn't know him. It was a really nice encounter and I just thought I'd share with the forum.
    beararms and swiftyjuan like this.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Nice. I really think the majority of LEO handle these encounters with legally armed citizens the right way, but the bad ones are the ones that get splashed all over the internet. So thanks for posting a good one.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

There is no place like Nebraska...
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I thought that was Kansas. Dorothy got it wrong?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Nah!! It's Kansas

I have always said & truly believe there is still more good Cops than bad ones.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

That sounds like a great encounter! Kudos to that LEO!
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Sounds like a great encounter and a great LEO. Just, curious, though - you still have to inform, even though this was on your property and you weren't being stopped by the officer?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Yep.

If you are a permit holder carrying a concealed handgun and are officially contacted by any peace officer or emergency services personnel, you must immediately inform the peace officer or emergency service personnel of the concealed handgun unless you are physically unable to do so. These individuals have the right to determine whether it is necessary to secure the handgun during the contact for the safety of any person.
    http://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/concelaedcarryfaqs.aspx

The law here states contact without any reference to private or public property.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
    I have always said & truly believe there is still more good Cops than bad ones.
    Don't tell that to some people around here.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Sure there are bad cops. Just like there are bad librarians, bad grandmothers, bad forum members. But what about all the conscientious ones?

Sweeping generalities about any profession that emphasize only the negative are nothing more than an exhibition of small-mindedness.

Y'all remember that anytime it is exhibited here on the Forum.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Last time I talked to an on duty LEO, he asked what I had and where it was. When I told him it was a 229 on my belt, he looked at me and said he'd like to shoot that sometime.

Sponsored Links