The Wrong Way to Unload a Firearm...

This is a discussion on The Wrong Way to Unload a Firearm... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Flight Attendant Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security - Yahoo! News Two problems here...A flight attendant that gives CCW Permit holders a bad ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By peckman28
  • 3 Post By GrandZJ
  • 1 Post By DaGunny
  • 2 Post By foxytwo
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: The Wrong Way to Unload a Firearm...

Thumbs down The Wrong Way to Unload a Firearm...

Flight Attendant Tries to Bring Loaded Gun Through Airport Security - Yahoo! News

Two problems here...A flight attendant that gives CCW Permit holders a bad name, and an Officer that gives LEO's a bad name. Bad combo.

2. Remove Ads

Of course they use the phrasing "the firearm discharged". No, a cop who wasn't paying attention to what he/she was doing pulled the trigger. Why do people have to go and pull stupid stunts like this?

How do you fire off a round from an airweight revolver accidentally??

I don't know whether to laugh or cry while shaking my head.
    ArmedPreacher likes this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Back in the early 1980s I took an NRA Security Firearms Instructors School. The Instructor Trainer was a retired LEO from several agencies. One of those agencies was the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Police. He told us a story about an officer who had cocked her revolver. She could not remember how to de-cock it. She stuck the revolver out the window and let fly. Needless to say she had a lot of paperwork to fill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Back in the early 1980s I took an NRA Security Firearms Instructors School. The Instructor Trainer was a retired LEO from several agencies. One of those agencies was the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Police. He told us a story about an officer who had cocked her revolver. She could not remember how to de-cock it. She stuck the revolver out the window and let fly. Needless to say she had a lot of paperwork to fill out.
    Pardon me? She couldn't remember how to de-cock it??? What kind training did the officers receive? I can only hope that LEO's in DC are better trained now than back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandZJ View Post
    How do you fire off a round from an airweight revolver accidentally??
    Good question..

:image03I hear all the time about guns going off by themselves. I sit up all night and watch my guns to make sure they behave and don't go out and shoot someone.

Plain and simple, the LEO violated the biggest safety rule: Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!

The problem is that we have those in positions such as this who have no common sense and apparently did not listen when attending their training course.

With the multitudes of hand gun types out there, it is little wonder some people do not know how to handle them or know the individual features.

Most one's however have a lot in common but that doesn't make people experts when handling them. We are humans and subject to some error at times, and yes, it can be dangerous and deadly but until we become perfect, we need to be diligent when handling anything that has the potential for injury or death.
    ArmedPreacher likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Well stated

Not all BGs are idiots. Not all idiots are BGs. Clearly these two are professional idiots.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Didn't someone tell this guy that all Police are massively trained and experts at handling firearms. That is why they should be the only people allowed to own guns, right?
    Walk softly ...

i dont get it .. he wanted to unload the revolver.. now i dont own any wheel guns.. but im guessing you would just press the cylinder release and open the cylinder .... then press the cartridge ejector rod and collect said rounds in your hand..

no need to touch trigger or hammer..

Links