My wife's DB9's morning at the range.

This is a discussion on My wife's DB9's morning at the range. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; IMG_0870.jpg Ok, first no laughing at the "purple gun". It's my wife's and she likes it. Second this is my first range report so go ...

Thread: My wife's DB9's morning at the range.

My wife's DB9's morning at the range.

IMG_0870.jpg

Ok, first no laughing at the "purple gun". It's my wife's and she likes it. Second this is my first range report so go easy on me, I am aware that it will not be as good or as complete as others I've read here.

So this is actually the second time this little gun has been on the range. First time was plagued with FTE's. After coming home and doing some research, I decided that my wife was probably limp wristing the gun. Second day, me and the little purple gun at the range to put as many rounds through it as I could to break it in. First 50 rounds flew down range with no malfunctions, even with my mother-in-law firing a couple clips. Opened the second white box of Winchester 115 grain and the problems commenced. 9 misfeeds and 6 misfires out of a hundred rounds. Oh, and one "I don't know what the heck to call it". A round jammed up about half way into the chamber and had to be pried out with a screwdriver (hard to do with no slide lock). Turns out it was a badly crimped, misshaped round. Scary part was when I chambered the next round, the bullet head, which had gotten stuck in the barrel, popped out the muzzle. After some troubleshooting I realized all the misfeeds happened with the same magazine. All in all I think that the problems were caused by a faulty mag and a possibly bad ammo batch. Unfortunately I was unable to start on the second white box as dad-in-law started having chest pains (he's fine). At this time I would say that I would not be confident in letting me wife use this gun for protection as I haven't pinpointed the problem as not being with the gun itself. It is a fun little thing to plink away with. Good accuracy, manageable recoil for being so light. Hopefully I will find that there is no fault with the gun itself and that my wife will not have pissed away her hard earned money.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

2. Remove Ads

Looks pink to me.... :) Thanks for the report. Hope the gun ends up working okay.

I have been considering getting a Diamondback as a BUG, but not if it has reliability issues. In this case it sounds like it just may not like WWB ammo. Also, the mag may play a part. Let us know how things work out.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    My experience with one, before it was traded in, was that it was sensitive to ammo length. Standard FMJ is a touch longer than hollow points and this made a difference. Ultimately, I wasn't comfortable with the reliability and passed on it. It was too inconsistent and would be fine and then have problems. I figured the moment it was needed would be one of those times it chose to not work.

Distinguished Member
    What's up with the gap? I went to look for any pics that looked like that and could not find any. It looks strange for some reason.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I think it looks more pronounced because of the color difference between the grip and slide. There is a gap but I never really noticed it till you pointed it out.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

It is all about the bullet length in my DB9 also. Just get Remington UMC and all will be well. Mine will not feed the longer rounds like white box.

My DB9 is extremely picky about ammo. It will not feed 147gr FMJ without jamming every couple shots (or every shot sometimes) and 147 hollow points are iffy at best. Anything else won't feed well if the brass is dirty at all. I've probably put somewhere around 500 rounds through mine. That said, I have fired over 100 rounds of 124gr Golden Sabers without a single hiccup and that's what I carry in it. The nickel plating of defense ammo feeds excellent in this tiny gun. Just some food for thought when shooting it. YMMV

Links