Sons Of Guns comment - Page 2

Sons Of Guns comment

This is a discussion on Sons Of Guns comment within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; People need to take the show for what it is, Reality TV(which has very little to do with reality). Yes many things they do are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Sons Of Guns comment

People need to take the show for what it is, Reality TV(which has very little to do with reality). Yes many things they do are way over the top and have little to no practicality but it's made for entertaining. If Swamp People showed how we really kill gators, pulling the string up slowly and once they break surface shoot, it would be boring! Instead they pull the string and make the gators fight.
    I would still rather watch RJF build some obnoxious gun to blow stuff up than see Rich Wyatt pimping out his daughter and wife, charging some moron $20,000 for a rifle, riding in a helicopter.
    CaptSmith likes this.

GH
    I just watched the video of Will firing blanks at his people found on the link dangerranger supplied. That's the most obnoxious thing thing I've ever seen anyone do with a firearm. Just pointing an "unloaded" gun at anyone is obnoxious enough. Then the piece goes into an unexpected fast cycle. I wouldn't be the least surprised if someone had an eye shot out. I sincerely hope my 13 year old grandson doesn't see that show. I'm teaching him about firearms & we're in the safe handling phase which will probably last until he's 16 if I have my way, lol. He gets to shoot his CO2 BB pistol under my direction & he's darn good. To be on the safe side I just won't watch "Sons of Guns" anymore. I surely don't want a silly contrived "reality" TV show to undo everything he's learned.
    CIBMike likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Your grandson will be fine! Its amazing what they retain. I still remember my first lessons, It was about how to pick a shooting partner. It was just me and my grandpa! DR

Quote Originally Posted by Kcabear View Post
    People need to take the show for what it is, Reality TV(which has very little to do with reality). Yes many things they do are way over the top and have little to no practicality but it's made for entertaining. If Swamp People showed how we really kill gators, pulling the string up slowly and once they break surface shoot, it would be boring! Instead they pull the string and make the gators fight.
    I would still rather watch RJF build some obnoxious gun to blow stuff up than see Rich Wyatt pimping out his daughter and wife, charging some moron $20,000 for a rifle, riding in a helicopter.
    How about the shot from the water, when there is a monster 10 footer on the line?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

1) Didn't Will and his daughter lose their FFLs due to paperwork violations?
    2) How many people have seen the daughter claiming she was firing a Desert Eagle 50 cal and on recoil you can see the back end of a Beretta 92FS come up on her but they represent it as her firing the DE?
    3) It is the "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" of the firearms world.
    4) I would say they are the trailer park of the reality TV world.
    CIBMike likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    How about the shot from the water, when there is a monster 10 footer on the line?
    Haha! Yeah I forgot about that!

Look at it like this, you get to see some uncommon weapons shot, all kinds of stuff blown up, and some special guns brought back to life. To us here that's interesting. To the rest of the people watching, not so much. There HAS to be drama to stay on the air.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    The drama is why I couldn't care less about Top Shot! Ill only watch it at my sons house where I can Tvo through the drama and only watch the shooting! DR
    pittypat21 likes this.

Sons of guns and the others are all scripted for TV. I remember when american guns had a contest on the daughter and son, the had to try and out sell eachother to win a AR for themself.
    the camera man focused on the back side of the daughter, she had a .45 auto on her belt with the hammer jacked all the way back. sounds safe to me (NOT).

I went to acadamy sports here in Oklahoma and looked at the red jacket AR-15, and I'll keep my colt. I didn't see the quality, I thought I would see.
    I really don't have the need for a treaded flash supressor. It was alot lighter than the colt. but not better.
    david

Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    she had a .45 auto on her belt with the hammer jacked all the way back. sounds safe to me (NOT).
    If it was a 1911, then that's the way it's meant to be carried.

Sent from mobile.
    BigJon10125 and phreddy like this.
    "No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    Will rubs me the wrong way for some reason, but I still half-watch the show. Perfer Amerian Guns. IMHO.
    I also watch both, but prefer American Guns as they seem to be more interesting to watch.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    1) Didn't Will and his daughter lose their FFLs due to paperwork violations?
    Missing (as in unaccounted for and likely having slipped past the proper process involving a 4473) guns and other related issues. dangerranger posted a link on the first page (post #10) if you wanna look farther.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

When I saw the episode where they chopped up and lightened a classic Browning M1919 machine gun, just so the guy could fire it off-hand, that did it for me. To destroy a vintage and historic firearm just to make a "Rambo gun" out of it is blasphemy in my book....why don't we airbrush over the Mona Lisa because we don't like the color of her dress?....stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by 481 View Post
    Missing (as in unaccounted for and likely having slipped past the proper process involving a 4473) guns and other related issues. dangerranger posted a link on the first page (post #10) if you wanna look farther.
    Thanks. Did not see that post. That is exactly it.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links