Sons Of Guns comment

This is a discussion on Sons Of Guns comment within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was watching the show a couple of weeks ago when the Owner of Red Jacket Firearms made the comment that "Academy Sports" had placed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Sons Of Guns comment

Sons Of Guns comment

I was watching the show a couple of weeks ago when the Owner of Red Jacket Firearms made the comment that "Academy Sports" had placed an order for something like 450 AR 15's a month from them.
    I wonder if "Will has any idea that the Academy Sports in South Texas,at least 3 that I know for a fact in Edinburg ,Mcallen,and Mission Texas will not sell any Center fire AR 15's from the Stores down here after the 'Fast and Furious" debacle.You can find the 22 LR versions in their stores,but they have no AR 15 or AK 47 variant "Sporting Rifles".I just wonder how Will would feel dealing with a Company that decides what type of guns it makes available to consumers when there are no laws against owning the rifles in this State and you can find them in every other gun store around.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

I'm sure he could care less. The orders he receives helps keep his payroll going and thats all that matters.
    nerdyvirgin and atctimmy like this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I'm sure he could care less. The orders he receives helps keep his payroll going and thats all that matters.
    True that,but there are lots of people that if they knew Academy Sports was involved in "Corporate Gun Control" wouldn't buy another gun from them,I let my money talk elsewhere
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

i guess the same could be said for states lik Massachusetts. I doubt his guns would make the approved list.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I'm not impressed by any of those guy's. They know how to really mess some pretty nice stuff up.

Watching them slice the barrel and bang the reciever of an H&K 416 against the work shop table was enough for me too tune out of such silliness.

YMMV
    Poseidon and RemMod597 like this.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Will rubs me the wrong way for some reason, but I still half-watch the show. Perfer Amerian Guns. IMHO.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and Remington 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I wonder if "Will has any idea that the Academy Sports in South Texas,at least 3 that I know for a fact in Edinburg ,Mcallen,and Mission Texas will not sell any Center fire AR 15's from the Stores down here after the 'Fast and Furious" debacle.
    You'd need to ask him about what he knows or thinks.

As a guess ...

I'd like to think that anyone intimate with a business and its key customers would know of such decisions by their customers, at least when such decisions are related to well-publicized debacles. Seems reasonable to me, though, that even a supplier of weaponry (given the 2A element) would appreciate a large customer's decision to at least temporarily bar sales of similar weapons in that region's stores so long as the question of the continuation of such F&F policies is in question. Wouldn't surprise me that to a manufacturer it would seem an acceptable step by a large retailer, if limited to the affected region. As well, it's not like citizens are that impacted in their ability to acquire AR-15's elsewhere, in that same region.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I quit watching that show when the owner had the genius idea of a 12 gauge shotgun with a taser stuck under the barrel. So much fail... I'll never watch that crap again.

He was probably just giving Academy a plug, and not actually selling them any weapons.
    CIBMike likes this.

So do you think he should cancel his contract with them and turn down several hundred thousand dollars a month?

That would be foolish. If you stopped selling to everyone who does something you don't like or agree with you would be out of business in a hurry
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    You guys do know that Will does not own Red Jacket, He is barred from holding a FFL for illegal business practices. So is the daughter. Its actually owned by one of the machinists in the back. But for the TV he doesn't present enough drama. DR

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ses-their-ffl/
    CIBMike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbullgator View Post
    So do you think he should cancel his contract with them and turn down several hundred thousand dollars a month?

That would be foolish. If you stopped selling to everyone who does something you don't like or agree with you would be out of business in a hurry
    No I think they should try to sell as many as they can,because if somebody gets reelected and signs a complete ban on any new Ar's Ak's in civilian hands then a lot of the businesses that have popped up selling not only rifle kits but accessories will be going belly up

True that,but there are lots of people that if they knew Academy Sports was involved in "Corporate Gun Control" wouldn't buy another gun from them,I let my money talk elsewhere
    I don't buy guns from Academy because

1) They are way overpriced compared to other stores.
    2) I don't buy a gun from anywhere that puts trigger guards on their guns.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

No I think they should try to sell as many as they can,because if somebody gets reelected and signs a complete ban on any new Ar's Ak's in civilian hands then a lot of the businesses that have popped up selling not only rifle kits but accessories will be going belly up
    I agree with that statement but your original post seems to indicate he should stop selling to them on moral grounds. In a perfect world.....

I have never bought a gun from Academy, I don't even think there is one close to me. I seldom by new fully built guns from any shop and prefer to keep my transactions between individuals.
    Of course all of my guns were lost in a tragic boating accident so what do I know? Nothing to see here
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    You guys do know that Will does not own Red Jacket, He is barred from holding a FFL for illegal business practices. So is the daughter. Its actually owned by one of the machinists in the back. But for the TV he doesn't present enough drama. DR

Oops: Red Jacket Firearms Loses Their FFL | The Truth About Guns
    Wow, that explains a lot.

During some of the last episodes near the end of last season it became apparent that there was a lot of tension between Will Hayden and Vincent Buckles with Hayden treating Buckles in a very distant manner like when a celebrity would appear on the show- e.g: when he introduced everyone in the shop except Buckles to Ted Nugent. Now it all makes sense. Although, I never liked how Hayden treats his employees (speaking to and treating them disrespectfully as often as he does and for little reason) it is clear that Hayden developed a tremendous resentment towards Buckles after losing his FFL and having to go to Buckles to keep their FFL made it worse. Of course it his (Hayden's fault) fault- Hayden should have known better and acted more responsibly. Now I see why they (Hayden, his odd daughter and her over-excitable boyfriend) got so mad when Buckles left unexpectedly (at least to them)- they literally lost their FFL at that point. I give Buckles a lot of credit for walking out on 'em- they got what they had coming to them. No excuse for how they treated him.

It is kinda funny this season knowing this and watching Hayden storm about the shop like he still has control of everything. Oh, the hilarity and the pomposity.
    CIBMike, Dennis1209 and CaptSmith like this.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

It's trash on TV, but it's GUN trash...so we watch it. It's no more or less ridiculous than other so-called reality programming like "Survivor" or the "Batchelor" or "Pawn Stars". And, IMHO, considerable more entertaining than primetime soap operas or pseudo-crime dramas. Because at least part of the time, there are guns on-screen. Now Joe Mantegna's "Gun Stories" during The Outdoor Channel's "Wednesday Night on the Range" (sponsored by Midway USA), that's a GREAT gun show. So is American Rifleman Television and Field & Stream's "The Gun Nuts". And I don't have to be distracted by the Mom & daughter duo (Renee & Paige) from American Guns.
    Dennis1209 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links