Anyone else ever just have a .22 kind of day? - Page 2

Anyone else ever just have a .22 kind of day?

This is a discussion on Anyone else ever just have a .22 kind of day? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Last time I went to the range I was just looking to relieve some stress so I only brought my SR22 and 10/22 along with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Anyone else ever just have a .22 kind of day?

Last time I went to the range I was just looking to relieve some stress so I only brought my SR22 and 10/22 along with a Winchester 555 box. Burned though the whole box in about 2 1/2 hours and left with some targets with ragged holes and a huge grin on my face. I think I have more fun with my $300 10/22 rig than my $1000 AR15 setup.

One if my favorite guns is my Marlin 925r bolt action 22. With my el cheapo Tasco 3-9x scope I can blow a 1.5" hole in a target at 50 yards with Federal bulk.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
    NRA Member

About every third or fourth trip to the range I will concentrate on fundamentals with my Buckmark. Some people dismiss the .22 as being irrelevant to defensive scenarios. I couldn't disagree more. I feel that remaining practiced and skilled in the fundamentals will serve me well if I ever find myself in a defensive situation.

Anyone else ever just have a .22 kind of day?
    Absolutely. I love some occasional rimfire plinking. When that happens for me it's a Ruger Mark II and a Ruger 10/22 for an afternoon of inexpensive fun.

I've got four .22's and they're always fun to shoot. Four and counting.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links