US Manufactured Glocks!

This is a discussion on US Manufactured Glocks! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Today I saw, for the first time, a newly manufactured Glock 19 Gen 3 hit the shelf with a different stamp. Instead of AUSTRIA, it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: US Manufactured Glocks!

US Manufactured Glocks!

Today I saw, for the first time, a newly manufactured Glock 19 Gen 3 hit the shelf with a different stamp. Instead of AUSTRIA, it was engraved USA on the slide, had a barrel mark labeled US, and the frame was printed MADE IN USA.

To my knowledge this is the first time in a while that US manufactured Glocks have been made available for domestic consumption. Everything appeared to be identical with the exception of a new (hopefully fixed) extractor that lacked the "dip" that seemed to indicate a factory flaw.

Keep an eye out in your local stores for these. I don't know if its the way of the future or just a way to meet a temporary lack of supply from Austria. Pretty cool though...
    Walden likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Hmm. Maybe I can start getting my hopes up for the .380 Glocks.
    ericmt likes this.

Senior Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Very cool. Makes a Glock a bit more appealing. I've been to Austria and they don't need our money, but we could use it. Thanks!....
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Although I love American industry and I try to support domestic companies, there is just something weird about an American made Glock. You cover up the history of the pistol, if that makes sense.
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

The magazines still had the Austria stamp, but I have no idea what the future is going to bring with these guns. I'm stoked about the new extractor, though!

Regarding the 380, I bet it would be popular, but don't forget its another blow-back design like all the rest...

Additional info: test Fire date on shell casing was July 2012.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    The magazines still had the Austria stamp, but I have no idea what the future is going to bring with these guns. I'm stoked about the new extractor, though!

Regarding the 380, I bet it would be popular, but don't forget its another blow-back design like all the rest...

Additional info: test Fire date on shell casing was July 2012.
    I wonder why they didn't just stick with the standard locked breech short recoil operation for the .380's? Lot's of .380's utilize the locked breech operation instead of the straight blow back operation, despite the .380's limited bolt thrust.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Now maybe a single stack 9mm.
    atctimmy and Maynard like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    Just curious...
    For the same price, why choose a .380 Glock (not sold in the USA) over a 9mm?
    zonker1986 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Ok... just because it was made in this country doesn't mean this country keeps the money... Buying a US built Glock is kinda like buying a US built Honda, or Toyota.

(I was very happy to find out that I didn't have to cause problems at the Honda dealer when we bought our Fit- it's Japanese built, with Japanese built engine and transmission)
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Yes, me too!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Just curious...
    For the same price, why choose a .380 Glock (not sold in the USA) over a 9mm?
    It's more symbolic for me than anything else since lowly subjects like ourselves aren't allowed to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Ok... just because it was made in this country doesn't mean this country keeps the money... Buying a US built Glock is kinda like buying a US built Honda, or Toyota.

(I was very happy to find out that I didn't have to cause problems at the Honda dealer when we bought our Fit- it's Japanese built, with Japanese built engine and transmission)
    Whats wrong with buying a US built foreign car? The jobs are in this country. The dealers are here. The taxes are here. Service is here. Sure the manufacturer makes a profit, but the money isn't "gone". Am I missing something?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No, you're not. If everyone quits buying foreign-made/foreign-owned vehicle, most auto workers will be out of work siince few are entirely "American made" anymore.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No, you're not. If everyone quits buying foreign-made/foreign-owned vehicle, most auto workers will be out of work siince few are entirely "American made" anymore.
    Yup. Finding American-made parts on my Harley is no easy task. Our economy is part of a global economy, like it or not.

It's more symbolic for me than anything else since lowly subjects like ourselves aren't allowed to have them.
    the .380 is not imported into the USA, so not sure why you feel this is a "symbollic" gesture. Also, the .380 Glocks have exactly the same dimensions and capacity as the 9mm versions, so
    not sure why anyone would want a .380 that could be had in 9mm of EXACTLY the same size and capacity.

...the only thing I am waiting on from Glock is a .9" wide single stack 9mm....in the meantime, the Bersa BP9CC or Kahr CW9 will have to do.....and they do very well.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links