What am I going to do now????

This is a discussion on What am I going to do now???? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I signed up for a street tactics course. The syllabus stated that the class will consist of lectures, simunition training and 500 rounds of live ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: What am I going to do now????

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

What am I going to do now????

I signed up for a street tactics course. The syllabus stated that the class will consist of lectures, simunition training and 500 rounds of live fire. I went out and purchased 1000 rounds, just in case.

I just got an email stating that due to scheduling conflicts, the venue of the class will be moved to another location and because this location does not have facilities for live fire shooting, there will be no live rounds needed. Instead, they will do more simunitions training.

I now have 1000 rounds of ammunition I will not need. Great....just what am I going to do with all those rounds?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

I would get my money back...and not for the ammo.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Those rounds are obviously jinxed. You need to get rid of them. I'll PM you my address. I can properly dispose of them for you. You just pay shipping, thats it. I wont even charge you.

VIP Member
    "1000 rounds of ammunition I will not need" is an oxymoron.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    By changing venues and eliminating the live fire portion, the class changed the agreed upon course. Therefore, it is not what you signed up for, and you should be entitiled to a full refund, or at least a credit until they can provide what they sold you. If you paid by credit card and they refuse, contact the credit card Co and file a protest.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Wait, firearms training without actually firing your arms? Bro, get your money back.
    Play ninja and dry fire over the couch at home, that's free. Train the way you plan on fighting. If you plan on fighting using simunitions, then go ahead.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I'll help you out with a live fire course. The entire AZ desert is at our disposal.
    BkCo1, zonker1986 and gasmitty like this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Now you have plenty of rounds for the Zombie Apocolypse

VIP Member
    Look on the bright side. You won't need to clean your gun after the class now!
    zonker1986 and Ksgunner like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    Wait, firearms training without actually firing your arms? Bro, get your money back.
    Play ninja and dry fire over the couch at home, that's free. Train the way you plan on fighting. If you plan on fighting using simunitions, then go ahead.
    Have you ever done any simunition or airsoft training?
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I signed up for a street tactics course. The syllabus stated that the class will consist of lectures, simunition training and 500 rounds of live fire. I went out and purchased 1000 rounds, just in case.

I just got an email stating that due to scheduling conflicts, the venue of the class will be moved to another location and because this location does not have facilities for live fire shooting, there will be no live rounds needed. Instead, they will do more simunitions training.

I now have 1000 rounds of ammunition I will not need. Great....just what am I going to do with all those rounds?
    Sims training will open your eyes. You should have a real good understanding where your skill set is when you are done. I would shoot the 9mm up. The class should be a great benefit....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post

SpeedLoader's birthday is next month, no need to gift wrap.

I'd get 1,000 more just in case that one is a bad batch. Oh the "what ifs."
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    You can always find a use for 1000 rounds of ammo. I would call the folks giving the course and express how much you are displeased with their service and why. Then request a full refund be issued within 14 days. If no refund is forth coming call them again and advise them that you are considering filing a complaint with your state's consumer protection agency (in Virginia that would be the Virginia Attorney General's Office Consumer Protection Section). Then tell them you are a member of several gun related forums and will be glad to put their name out to other members of those forums. If you haven't guessed by now I have little tolerance for companies that don't do right by their customers.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Wow. I actually meant this post tongue in cheek. But for all you who have real concerns, here is some additional information:

1. When the school changed venues, they offered a full refund
    2. The premise of the class is how to "survive" on the street. It is more about situational awareness, how to recognize threats, the common scenarios of criminal setups, how to avoid being a victim, how to get out of a setup should you not be able to avoid it, etc.
    3. Part of the class was simunition and live fire. I was not all the interested in live fire as I think the simunition training will be much more instructive for this class. So in a way, I am glad they will be offering more simunition training.

Thank you all for your real concerns and the offers to take the ammo off my hands.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links