Who wants to tell me about .22LR AR's?

This is a discussion on Who wants to tell me about .22LR AR's? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't have experience with either. But the Mossberg looks really............weird. The nice thing about the M&P15-22 is that almost any external AR15 parts are ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who wants to tell me about .22LR AR's?

RKM
    I don't have experience with either. But the Mossberg looks really............weird.

The nice thing about the M&P15-22 is that almost any external AR15 parts are interchangeable. Grips, stocks, rails, etc. The Mossberg is just an AR "style" (hardly) rifle. If you're getting the Mossberg, might as well get a 10/22 and put on an AR type stock.

M&P15-22 is the way to go.

2. Remove Ads

I have a dozen friends saying AR, and AR in .22. I have a good 10/22, I am just not sure I see the need. If I am going to have an ammo-specific, minute-of-pie plate accurate .22, I just don't see why I should spend more for an AR style unless I am practicing for my regular defense piece. My friends that have AR's in .22 swear by the S&W.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    I'd like one so that I can keep up on my defensive rifle practice/drills cheaper, while still maintaining the same feel and ergonomics, and control locations.
    I bought my S&W M&P for this purpose. The controls and size are nearly identical to a standard AR. The polymer upper/lower may not be quite as durable but I bang mine around a fair amount. Even the mags feel about the same size.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links