S&W 469 mags

This is a discussion on S&W 469 mags within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm about to buy a 469 off a friend. The mags they come with have that pinky extender thing that I'm not fond of. Does ...

Thread: S&W 469 mags

S&W 469 mags

I'm about to buy a 469 off a friend. The mags they come with have that pinky extender thing that I'm not fond of. Does anybody know if they sell flat base pads or mags with flat base pads? I've been searching the net and can only find a mag for the S&W 59 that has it. From some reports, it sounds like the 469 can use 59 mags. Can someone confirm this? Thanks

2. Remove Ads

The 59 series and 69 series are interchangeable, although the 59 will stick out a bit. The base plate for any 59 will work on the 69. Also, Ruger P85/89, Browning HP, and Beretta 92 base plates will fit. Try Numrich if you cant find any others.

Magazine Buttplate, Metal
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Much appreciated

I have also seen people sand away the finger "lip" part of the baseplate so it fits flush with the front of the magazine. It's not hard to do and not expensive to fix if you mess it up.

And I made a mistake, not all the others will interchange. I was confusing factory and aftermarket mags I have here in the safe. Stick with the S&W original equipment from Numrich. They fit inside the body of the mag, the others and the aftermarket S&W mags go over the outside. My mistake, I was looking at some mags I had for a Kel Tec that I don't own anymore. The parts in the link are right.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I have a Keltec P11 12 round mag that has a flush base plate that slides inside the mag lips
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links