What firearm regulations do you support? (anonymous poll) - Page 5

What firearm regulations do you support? (anonymous poll)

This is a discussion on What firearm regulations do you support? (anonymous poll) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by HotGuns In the interest of fairness, I added another option to the poll. How about option: "This is the worst poll ever ...

View Poll Results: What firearm regulations do you support?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Permits for handguns.

10 11.90%
  • Permits for ALL firearms.

5 5.95%
  • Background check for private handgun sales.

8 9.52%
  • Background check for ALL private fireams sales.

16 19.05%
  • Limit handgun purchases to 1 per month.

1 1.19%
  • Limit ALL firearms purchases to one per month.

0 0%
  • Magazine limits for handguns.

2 2.38%
  • Magazine limits for ALL firearms.

2 2.38%
  • Microstamping for all guns

0 0%
  • None of the above

40 47.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: What firearm regulations do you support? (anonymous poll)

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    In the interest of fairness, I added another option to the poll.
    How about option: "This is the worst poll ever posted on a firearms site"?
    suntzu, tcox4freedom and zacii like this.

Senior Moderator
    I think it is foolish to think that there should be NO regulation on firearms.
    I think it is foolish to think that any amount of regulation will prevent the riff-raff that dont follow regulations from getting them.
    tcox4freedom and zacii like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
    I support restrictions on automatic weapons, artillery, mortars, explosive rounds, grenades, missiles, etc. I support instant background checks, although they aren't all that effective against first time offenders like Tucson or Aurora. I support that felons, violent offenders, and people using guns in the commision of a crime should not be allowed to have them...

I support that people shouldn't break the law.

I support that genocide shouldn't be allowed to happen.

I support the notion that a disarmed populace is at the mercy of ruthless dictators.

The biggest problem with "reasonable" regulations on firearms is that historically, the wrong people get to decide what is "reasonable." Modern examples include the governments of the UK and Australia.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

All your suggested regulations are infringements which are contrary to the 2nd amendments.... Therefore none of the above is the only answer.

One of the worst regulations we have now is "gun registration"(BAFT form) when you purchase a weapon from a gun shop. I guess that also includes background checks to a certain degree.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I think you may have missed the humorous intent of my post...
    My BAD, it must this football and the Nascar all in day for me!

My Texans aren't playing until tomorrow night and it took until the last lap for anything to happen in the race! Thank god the Donkeys are getting beat by NE, Pitt won, Facons won, and of course Indy beat GB. The last won has the sport betting in a tail spin!

I'm truely sorry I missed the humor!
    TX expat likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    In the interest of fairness, I added another option to the poll.

You might get more responses this way.
    tanx

I think the most important option of all, is background checks for all firearms sales.

I think its kinda insane that we allow anyone to buy a gun without making sure they are a convicted felon or have a warrant out for their arrest for murder.

come on people, seriously?

magazine limits, handgun permits, foldable stocks, silencers aside...shouldn't we AT LEAST...at a BARE MINIMUM..make sure we aren't selling guns to convicted felons or folks who are wanted for murder???

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    I think the most important option of all, is background checks for all firearms sales.

I think its kinda insane that we allow anyone to buy a gun without making sure they are a convicted felon or have a warrant out for their arrest for murder.

magazine limits, handgun permits, foldable stocks, silencers aside...shouldn't we AT LEAST...at a BARE MINIMUM..make sure we aren't selling guns to convicted felons or folks who are wanted for murder???
    I'm sure convicted felons would be happy fill out all the paperwork...

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    I'm sure convicted felons would be happy fill out all the paperwork...
    and if they aren't, don't sell them the gun.

i did a background check. went very quickly.

took like 3 minutes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post

Background checks have already been a matter of law, nationally, for a good long while.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    I support restrictions on automatic weapons, artillery, mortars, explosive rounds, grenades, missiles, etc. I support instant background checks, although they aren't all that effective against first time offenders like Tucson or Aurora. I support that felons, violent offenders, and people using guns in the commision of a crime should not be allowed to have them...

I live in a state that allows Automatic Weapons, SBR (Short Barrel Rifles), and numberous other weapons, and you want to tell me I can't own them? So me the last time auto-weapon was used to commit a crime! Also magazine bans are a non-starter, my 4 - 9 year old grandsons can go thru a box of 50 22LR in less than 10 minute with a single shot rifle!

Tucson or Aurora is your examples to base a law on? Both of those had warning signs months in advance, nothing was done to prevent the event because we have to be Politically Correct!

This one I don't see any attempt in Humor!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

foolish, and it also turns a minor inconvenience such as a background check into a "tyranny".

no my friends, background checks, 1-month limits on gun purchases, 10-round limits on magazines, are not "tyranny".

they are inconveniences.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    My point is: they will only buy guns from other outlaws. Background checks are usually only requested by those who will pass them...others get their guns from those who don't follow the laws or regulations.
    tcox4freedom and Glhadiator like this.

How many crimes do one-gun-a-month and ten-round magazine limits prevent?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    My point is: they will only buy guns from other outlaws. Background checks are usually only requested by those who will pass them...others get them from those who don't follow the laws or regulations.
    background checks make SURE...that ex-cons and folks wanted for murder aren't able to buy a gun...at least legally Its a 3-minute inconvenience that may save lives.

if there is one gun regulations that we should have, its background checks for all gun sales. We can scrap everything else, if we just have background checks for ALL gun sales.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links