What firearm regulations do you support? (anonymous poll)

This is a discussion on What firearm regulations do you support? (anonymous poll) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Pythius in many cases, they do. they buy mucho guns in north carolina..and drive them up North to sell to criminals. Who ...

View Poll Results: What firearm regulations do you support?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Permits for handguns.

10 11.90%
  • Permits for ALL firearms.

5 5.95%
  • Background check for private handgun sales.

8 9.52%
  • Background check for ALL private fireams sales.

16 19.05%
  • Limit handgun purchases to 1 per month.

1 1.19%
  • Limit ALL firearms purchases to one per month.

0 0%
  • Magazine limits for handguns.

2 2.38%
  • Magazine limits for ALL firearms.

2 2.38%
  • Microstamping for all guns

0 0%
  • None of the above

40 47.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: What firearm regulations do you support? (anonymous poll)

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    in many cases, they do.

they buy mucho guns in north carolina..and drive them up North to sell to criminals.
    Who buys them?

They are already breaking the law, as any interstate pistol transaction must go through a FFL, requiring a background check.

So, you are going to make more laws, to stop the people who already show no regard for the laws?

You also have to be a resident of the state you buy a pistol in.
    limatunes likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Do I get infraction points if I don't dance delicately around the "T" word?
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I quite honestly am surprised this has gone on so long.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Especially since threads referencing an instructor whose name I dare not utter simply vanish.
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    So long as everyone abides by the rules, no one will get any infraction points.

We welcome people of all viewpoints and beliefs here, and as long as the debate remains civil, and within the rules, this will continue going on.

EDIT: Keep the thread on topic. Any off topic or de-railing posts will be deleted.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Who buys them?

They are already breaking the law, as any interstate pistol transaction must go through a FFL, requiring a background check.

So, you are going to make more laws, to stop the people who already show no regard for the laws?

You also have to be a resident of the state you buy a pistol in.
    yes, passing a law requiring folks to wait one month..or two weeks...to buy another gun..is an annoyance and an inconvenience.

but it will make it IMPOSSIBLE for some thug to buy lots of handguns at a store in North Carolina and sell them to murderers & rapists in Brooklyn or Newark.

an annoyance and inconvenience that may kill lots of illegal enterprises that lead to the deaths of hundreds, is worth it.

I mean seriously, we're talking about having to wait 2-weeks...or a month..to buy another handgun. Is that such a terrible hardship?

Senior Moderator
    this is mere hyperbole
    And preventing me from buying more than one gun a month because some crook from NC sells some to someone in NYC isnt?
    limatunes and tcox4freedom like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The 2nd Amendment will be with us until we repeal it - and that would call for the usual arduous voting process. Until that day comes we spend our days interpreting and explaining the meaning of what we say and said, like we always do. Such is life in a lively Democratic Republic.

Senior Moderator
    I mean seriously, we're talking about having to wait 2-weeks...or a month..to buy another handgun. Is that such a terrible hardship?
    It is to me. You are aware that most states dont have such restrictions right? Not everywhere is like NYC or even remotley close to it.
    We can still buy drinks over 32 oz's.
    tcox4freedom and zacii like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

yes, passing a law requiring folks to wait one month..or two weeks...to buy another gun..is an annoyance and an inconvenience.

but it will make it IMPOSSIBLE for some thug to buy lots of handguns at a store in North Carolina and sell them to murderers & rapists in Brooklyn or Newark.

an annoyance and inconvenience that may kill lots of illegal enterprises that lead to the deaths of hundreds, is worth it.

Except, they are criminals, so they will find a way around it. They will steal they guns. Or get all their buddies to go buy their one gun a month each, and then combine them and sell them. So, it won't be impossible.

It would make a lot more sense, to allow the law abiding people in Brooklyn and Newark to have the means to legally fight back with appropriate force, and defend themselves against those who are already not following the law.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    in many cases, they do.

they buy mucho guns in north carolina..and drive them up North to sell to criminals.
    What information do you have to back that statement up? I currently live in NC and did a FTF sale to a friend of mine a few weeks ago. Not knowing the laws I called my local Sheriff's Office for info on how to do it legally. To buy a gun legally in NC you either need a purchase permit from the Sheriff or a concealed carry license to buy it at an FFL. So how exactly are these gun runners buying guns in NC legally and selling them in NY illegally?
    tcox4freedom and limatunes like this.

background checks make SURE...that ex-cons and folks wanted for murder aren't able to buy a gun...at least legally Its a 3-minute inconvenience that may save lives.

if there is one gun regulations that we should have, its background checks for all gun sales. We can scrap everything else, if we just have background checks for ALL gun sales.
    Background checks did not stop the last two mass shootings. Both shooters purchased the gun legally. And how do mag capacity limits help anything? It takes a half a second to drop and insert a fresh mag.

What restrictions are is symbolism over substance, and nothing more.

I never could figure out this mentality of punishing everyone for the actions of a few
    Gun restrictions on law abiding citizens is not an inconvienance; its a crime against them. You need to get your head on straight, and figure out where you stand.

Words like " tolerance" and " compromise" are liberal buzz words which really mean to not stand up for what you believe in. A few people understand this, and that scares the hell out of the weak, yellow bellied, liberal idiots that live in a dream world.
    HotGuns, zacii, Doodle and 1 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member

I like the way you capitalized the word impossible, as if doing so would actually make your assertions become true.
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    I'm sure convicted felons would be happy fill out all the paperwork...
    I wonder how many convicted felons filled out the name block of the paperwork with the inmate number??? I am also sure that these back alley gun dealers have the NICS number on speed dial, equipment in the back of their stolen cars to make any copies of paperwork as needed, and keep records of all their gun sales.

um, they make it impossible for them to buy guns from legal gun-dealers.

that forces them to steal guns or buy them from shady characters, who may rob or kill them.
    That's the point

foolish, and it also turns a minor inconvenience such as a background check into a "tyranny".

no my friends, background checks, 1-month limits on gun purchases, 10-round limits on magazines, are not "tyranny".

they are infringements.
    Edited for accuracy
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Links