What firearm regulations do you support? (anonymous poll)

This is a discussion on What firearm regulations do you support? (anonymous poll) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Pythius most gun-crimes in NYC are committed with guns from OUTSIDE our state. that means jerks are buying lots of handguns in ...

View Poll Results: What firearm regulations do you support?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Permits for handguns.

10 11.90%
  • Permits for ALL firearms.

5 5.95%
  • Background check for private handgun sales.

8 9.52%
  • Background check for ALL private fireams sales.

16 19.05%
  • Limit handgun purchases to 1 per month.

1 1.19%
  • Limit ALL firearms purchases to one per month.

0 0%
  • Magazine limits for handguns.

2 2.38%
  • Magazine limits for ALL firearms.

2 2.38%
  • Microstamping for all guns

0 0%
  • None of the above

40 47.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: What firearm regulations do you support? (anonymous poll)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    most gun-crimes in NYC are committed with guns from OUTSIDE our state.

that means jerks are buying lots of handguns in other states, driving to our city...and selling guns to anyone who wants a gun.

if this illegal gun dealer could only legally buy one gun a month...or every 2-weeks, his criminal enterprise would shut down very quickly.
    Do handguns in New York command such a premium as to make this activity profitable? I have been led to believe that handguns were plentiful, cheap and easy to obtain in the city.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Do handguns in New York command such a premium as to make this activity profitable? I have been led to believe that handguns were plentiful, cheap and easy to obtain in the city.
    I would be willing to bet that many of the Mules are already gang affiliated, related or set up residency in another state just to accomplish the task at hand.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Pythius...
    if someone is transporting guns across state lines for the sole purpose of profit...you know that it is already ILLEGAL without an FFL right?

Just how exactly would passing another law impede them?
    only allow folks to buy one handgun per month or every two weeks, and that enterprise is dead.

only allow folks to buy one handgun per month or every two weeks, and that enterprise is dead.
    No, it isn't, for the reasons I have outlined.

Gangs will go have all eligible members buy one gun a month each, and then consolidate, and sell them.

You want to create more laws for people who have already shown that they have no intention of obeying laws, and while you are at it, infringe on my rights.

If a gun store has a good deal on a gun, and I want 2, or 5, or 10, I should be able to buy them.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    No need for any

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    No, it isn't, for the reasons I have outlined.

Gangs will go have all eligible members buy one gun a month each, and then consolidate, and sell them.

You want to create more laws for people who have already shown that they have no intention of obeying laws, and while you are at it, infringe on my rights.

If a gun store has a good deal on a gun, and I want 2, or 5, or 10, I should be able to buy them.
    in a perfect world, I'd agree with you.

but we're talking about handguns here, not paper towels.

in a perfect world, I'd agree with you.

but we're talking about handguns here, not paper towels.
    So, you still have yet to convince me, that people who have already shown an unwillingness to abide by the law, will follow your new laws that will infringe on my Constitutional rights that I have spent 4 years of my life fighting for.

Nor have you provided any proof of someone going to NC, or any state, and buying multiple handguns legally, and then transporting them to NYC to sell to criminals.

A handgun is just an object. Darn near anything can be turned into a deadly weapon. But, you seem willing to sacrifice my personal freedoms, for your false sense of security.
    tcox4freedom and Glhadiator like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

NMB
    I am a 26 year old college educated, tax paying, 9-5 working American Citizen with no criminal record.

I am against any law that would inhibit or delay in any way, my ability to purchase a firearm. Any law you can pass that will punish criminals, and not affect me, im all for.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Senior Moderator
    We are talking about tools...not paper towels.

Its not really about regulating tools though is it? Its about regulating behavior...and history has taught us how well that works.
    tcox4freedom and Doodle like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    So, you still have yet to convince me, that people who have already shown an unwillingness to abide by the law, will follow your new laws that will infringe on my Constitutional rights that I have spent 4 years of my life fighting for.....
    um....requiring background checks for all handgun sales and limiting handgun purchases to one per month or every two-weeks, doesn't depend on the criminal deciding to respect laws. It depends on gun-dealers respecting laws.

um....requiring background checks for all handgun sales and limiting handgun purchases to one per month or every two-weeks, doesn't depend on the criminal deciding to respect laws. It depends on gun-dealers respecting laws.
    Which they do, because they can get in trouble if they allow straw purchases.

Criminals find ways around laws. You still have yet to show how infringing on my rights will stop anything illegal.

How many kitchen knives should I be able to buy a month? Just one every two weeks? I can't buy my mom a new butcher's block full of knives for Christmas? Kitchen knives aren't Constitutionally protected, and can be used as deadly weapons, why don't you go after them?
    tcox4freedom and Glhadiator like this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Senior Moderator
    It depends on gun-dealers respecting laws.
    You're not getting it Pythius.

Legitimate gun dealers respect the law. If they didn't they wouldn't be doing it for long.

Piling more laws on us as law abiding people does nothing to prevent crime. Nothing. It never did and it never will.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Lead Moderator
    All these laws and bans worked so well in the UK and elsewhere , we should do the same!! Oh, wait , no they didn't. Perhaps ban enabled cities and states should step up and open up CCW to those with clean records since gun control laws are not working. All these rules and added laws only affect law abiding people, not criminals.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    @Pythius

Let me guess...this poll is your way of determining that your beliefs and your values are not in alignment with the majority of members on this forum.

Sounds like you probably want to continue to "argue" your position on imposing regulation as an attempt to restrict the powers of the US Constitution. Since this forum is dedicated to helping individuals who are interested in discussing defensive carry issues and it seems like you might be an intelligent person, I'm sure you should have no trouble finding and joining an appropriate forum which is dedicated to the topic of altering the US Constitution. I wish you luck with your search.
    I think your first guess is wrong. The original poll was a very biased, push poll without any acceptible answers. Anyone responding would feed his biases. I'm suprised he has hung on even past being so thouroughly demolished, unless he expects to simply outlast everyone here. I suspect he thinks he can derail this forum into some sort of Mother Earth clone (note his comments about seeds elsewhere?)
    Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die - An Opinion Deserving Consideration.

Normally this sort, and I've been fighting them online since '94, start getting nasty about now, even to the extent of trying to send people computer viruses. They are so sure us neanderthals have never been exposed to such brilliant reasoning as theirs, and tend to take exposure to reality rather poorly.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Limits on how many guns you can buy in a certain time period will do nothing, as has been outlined already, because the straw buyer will simply get more buddies with clean records together to be straw buyers. And being a straw buyer is already illegal.

I can see requiring a NICS check for all private gun sales - which is already law in many states. That's it.

By the way, OP - the word "regulated" in the 2A means "trained." It has nothing to do with laws or "regulations" as we think of them today.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Links