Bought new gun looks like used?? - Page 3

Bought new gun looks like used??

This is a discussion on Bought new gun looks like used?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK, I used to live in Ct. and I've bought a couple of guns from Hoffmans. I picked up a S&W 629 from them years ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bought new gun looks like used??

OK, I used to live in Ct. and I've bought a couple of guns from Hoffmans. I picked up a S&W 629 from them years ago as new under the same circumstances as you, but it was a good price so I sprang for it. I still have it today. I used to do most of my business with Ct. Gun Exchange in Monroe (I don't know if it still exists), and The Gun Rack in Fairfield (before he got shut down by the ATF). Arms and Munitions in Monroe was also a good place, My childhood buddy Chris did the NRA courses there. I moved out of CT. 10 years ago, so I don't know if many of these places are still there, but CT. had a lot of good gun shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerSRGuy View Post
    Yes it does, it is also a big box gun store type. Not a small home town gun shop. Called hoffmans guns for the good guys in Connecticut.

Back in the day, I used to sell cars. A "demo" car would sometimes have 3000+ miles on it, but was sold as new (albeit discounted). A car is not "used" until it has been registered and taken off the lot. I could drive a car for a few thousand miles and it stays a "new" car. If someone bought a car with 0 miles, drove it across the street and back, its now "used", since it was registered and driven.

Maybe a gun can still be considered "new" even with hundreds of rounds through it so long as its not "sold"? Just food for thought. Either way, I wouldnt worry about it so long as it runs as it should

.40S&W EMP.... Very nice! I'm sure its already been answered, but its just from being test fired at the factory before packaging... Again, Nice pistol..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Someone...maybe the gun dealer, took the gun out and fired it....IF IT WAS test FIRED BY FACTORY PERSONEL, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CLEANED...so you don't get a rusty gun out of a new box!

From what I understand, once the gun has been registered and then brought back for some reason. It has to be sold as used, even if it was never fired. That's also why if you buy a new gun and there is a problem with it, the gunshop will not just grab another one off the shelf and give it to you in exchange. they will ship it off for repair. Again, if the gunshop has it's own range, there is nothing stopping them from running rounds through the guns to "test drive" them, and they still can sell them as new because they have never been registered yet.....a lot of sticky loopholes!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links