She's got the bug!!

This is a discussion on She's got the bug!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Little more than a month ago I took my CPL class, after which I started discussing getting a new gun for carrying with my wife. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By marinevet1994
  • 1 Post By Bark'n

Thread: She's got the bug!!

She's got the bug!!

Little more than a month ago I took my CPL class, after which I started discussing getting a new gun for carrying with my wife. My wife's dad is a gun nut to the extreme, so imagine my surprise when she says she's never been shooting. I had always assumed (I know, never assume) that her dad had taken her. So we borrow a couple of dad's guns and head to the range.
    IMG_0846.jpgIMG_0847.jpg

She's not bad and we had fun. A week passes and she asks me to take her to a gun shop . She ends up picking up a DB9. We take it shooting and more fun is had, but her little gun has issues.(My wife's DB9's morning at the range.) We take it in, and the gentleman sends it back to Diamondback under the warranty. All is well... except she ends up bringing this little beauty home.
    sigsaur.jpg

And she is already researching her next gun!! Two new guns in as many weeks! I'm loving it except they are her guns, pink and purple, and if she keeps it up she's gonna have more guns than me soon and that's not fair!! I have to spend all of my money on bills!! On a positive note, in the two weeks she's had the DB her attitude has gone from it being a "toy" to have fun with (safely of course, she's not stupid), to her telling the guy at the shop we took it to that she can't have it failing when she "might need it most". Might be another trip to the CPL classroom in the future.
    peckman28 and BurgerBoy like this.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by marinevet1994 View Post
    On a positive note, in the two weeks she's had the DB her attitude has gone from it being a "toy" to have fun with (safely of course, she's not stupid), to her telling the guy at the shop we took it to that she can't have it failing when she "might need it most".
    Yup. She's got it "good."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Just throw you in that briar patch! You poor thing. I guess your gonna need group therapy next.

I took my wife to group therapy...and her grouping went from 10" to 2.5"!

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "So we borrow a couple of dad's guns and head to the range."

He loaned out his guns? OMG!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Good for you...bad for the wallet.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Senior Moderator
    I sense that your ammo budget just doubled
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

You are doomed.

When I first met my wife she had two guns of her own. Now she has seven, and still she shoots all of mine.

Oh yeah... and now she wants another one. Now she wants an M&P Shield because her LCP is too wimpy. Go figure.
    MrsHB likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Now she wants an M&P Shield because her LCP is too wimpy. Go figure.
    smart woman.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    My wife got the bug, too. Got her first gun right before she found out she's pregnant, so she hasn't shot it yet. But she's looking forward to it.

It's a good thing to be able to share something like this with your spouse.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Shes soooooooooooooo hooked

Wow sorry to hear about the Db9 I came very close to buying one but after doing searching I got a LC9 flawless so far

That's awesome my wife had never shot before I got a hold of her. Her very first experience was my ar15 glock 22 and two Kimbers.
    She now Owns her own ar and a few pistols. Xd in 40 sc is her edc.... but due to my love for the 1911 she wants some like mine :)
    She presented me with a list of three she wants Kimber raptor Springfield trp and Kimber ultra cdp... I own them all but she wants her own lol
    Bad for the bank account but awesome for the collection!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    You are doomed.

When I first met my wife she had two guns of her own. Now she has seven, and still she shoots all of mine.

Oh yeah... and now she wants another one. Now she wants an M&P Shield because her LCP is too wimpy. Go figure.

I understand how she's thinking....They're your guns, you can clean them....doesn't matter if you didn't get to shoot them!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

There are worse problems to have! Just let her know you need to buy em in pairs, one for her one for you!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I hope you know how to reload!

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    My wife's new range bag arrived today along with a little gun safe for the car for when she carries her P238 and a trip to a prohibited place is in order...and she hasn't even received her CWL yet...it's in the mail...yeah, she's hooked too...

Now I can get myself another toy...another 9mm so we don't increase the ammo variety. All our current handguns are either .22, .380, .38, or 9mm.

Links