Guide Rod and Reduced Spring Weight

This is a discussion on Guide Rod and Reduced Spring Weight within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is there any concerns changing the guide rod and spring to stainless with a reduced spring weight on my Glocks? I only shoot standard velocity ...

Thread: Guide Rod and Reduced Spring Weight

Is there any concerns changing the guide rod and spring to stainless with a reduced spring weight on my Glocks? I only shoot standard velocity loads.
    Thanks
    Dominator012

Administrator
    Well if you're going to swap the guide rod for a heavy rod for the purpose of decreasing muzzle rise then you might as well go with the (more expensive) Tungsten Guide Rod since it is even heavier than the Stainless.

I am really not a Glock guy so I am certain that others will chime in with more qualified advice though most of that advice will probably be "If it ain't
    broke don't fix it."
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Stick with the stock spring or if worn, replace it with one of the same strength. I can almost guarantee that you will have more malfunctions with a lighter recoil spring. Some have said it works alright, but I've seen several problems. All it takes on one malfunction at the wrong time to create a very bad day. The Glock engineers chose each spring weight for each pistol for a reason.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator012 View Post
    Is there any concerns changing the guide rod and spring to stainless with a reduced spring weight on my Glocks? I only shoot standard velocity loads.
    Thanks
    Dominator012
    How does the change improve the gun's operation?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Links