Looking to buy a .22 pistol

This is a discussion on Looking to buy a .22 pistol within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you want to spend some $$$ - shop for a vintage NEW IN BOX S&W Model 41. One of the finest, most reliable and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Looking to buy a .22 pistol

Administrator
    If you want to spend some $$$ - shop for a vintage NEW IN BOX S&W Model 41.
    One of the finest, most reliable and accurate .22 rim-fire pistols ever made and with the sweetest, crispest, lightest triggers.
    Search gunbroker.com for one but, (know in advance) that it will not be cheap.
    Or....if you are willing to shop around locally - you might be able to find a used excellent condition one for around $700.00 which is quite reasonable these days for such a high quality firearm.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Browning's are indeed sweet pistols and I'd like to own one some day, but they are at the high end of the price scale.
    I bought both of mine for significantly under $300. Watch gunbroker and you can pick up a used one in very good shape very reasonably.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Since I wanted a .22 for paper practice I got a used ruger mark II. The thing is great. Not to much work to break down and clean. Have not had any problems with it. I have gained confidence and skills just paper plonking. Now, I plonk with it to get relaxed and use to the sounds of the range before I use my carry gun, sr9c, to practice.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

I forgot about the Model 41....never owned one, but I shot one years ago, and it's a nicely balanced gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    If you want to spend some $$$ - shop for a vintage NEW IN BOX S&W Model 41.
    One of the finest, most reliable and accurate .22 rim-fire pistols ever made and with the sweetest, crispest, lightest triggers.
    Search gunbroker.com for one but, (know in advance) that it will not be cheap.
    Or....if you are willing to shop around locally - you might be able to find a used excellent condition one for around $700.00 which is quite reasonable these days for such a high quality firearm.

Just ordered an SR22 last night. Tried one at the range and liked it. I will use it to teach my wife to shoot. Plus, I get to plink more!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links