Thoughts on Joining a Range Club ~ Warning! Long!! - Page 3

Thoughts on Joining a Range Club ~ Warning! Long!!

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Joining a Range Club ~ Warning! Long!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sounds great. I am new to gun clubs, in Florida we just paid to shoot at the local indoor range. My local indoor range is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Thoughts on Joining a Range Club ~ Warning! Long!!

Sounds great. I am new to gun clubs, in Florida we just paid to shoot at the local indoor range. My local indoor range is OK, nice guys, but I worry about the kids standing around while their buddies shoot and they cheer him on. Not that I'm against cute girls in the range, but kind of want to have eyes in the back of my head when their laughing and carrying on behind me. It's to cold to be on an outdoor clun range, they have no indoor shooting around here.

Hope it makes me feel safer, but I am fairly inexperienced so the trick is will they let me in.....

The Gun Club I belong to seems to be similar to your club.

4-hour orientation with shooting test.
    You are observed for your first 10 visits (probationary period) and must get your membership ID punched. However,they are not looking over your shoulder.
    Paid R.O.
    Cameras on all ranges.
    The range has the highest rating from the NRA.
    All courses are official NRA courses given by NRA instructors who are members.
    It's never crowded even though there are many paying members
    Three of four pistol ranges allow holsters.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    I'm all for safety when it comes to firearms. I have no problem with a lot of the policies you describe, but treating you like you're worthless before you get in and taking your money just for the "privilege" of applying and waiting at least two months just to get an answer...get over yourselves.
    Yeah I've dealt with that a few different places I was interested in. If you don't even look like your safe they're completely running you down like you've never handled a firearm before. The conservation range in Parkville, Missouri is just like that. They are extremely strict and not even friendly about someone "forgetting" to take your card down when you're done. It was ridiculous. I felt bad for the guy because he never showed any dangerous signs of unsafe handling and was very patient but the range master just had to embarrass him in front of like 20 people. I never went back after that episode. Any other range I've gone to has been really no supervision other than your own. Conservation agent MAY show up at random but if he did he just sat in his truck and chatted with whoever wanted to suck up to him. I say go for it. Having a nice range like that can offer rewards and friendships down the road. Unfortunately if you don't like it I guess your out of luck.

Finally decided to become a member at Budsindoor indoor range in Lexington. Got a silver membership for $300, good for the year, can reserve lane over internet up to 5 days ahead,, use range anytime ( range membership doesn't cover the reactive steel range), bring a guest 6 times for free, etc. Realized I was spending about $75+ monthly since November so it was a no brainer. And all the people at Buds including the RSO's are good people. Now I want to see if there's an outdoor range within 30 minutes or so, if anyone knows of one near Lexington please let me know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links