Defensive Carry banner

Glock 27 failure to feed

9K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  zonker1986 
#1 ·
I was at the range this wknd and I used a 15 round mag on my glock 27, and after using the 15 round mag all of the sudden jammo, failier to feed issue. Then it started failing with the standard mags (9 round). Now, I had another Glock 27 before this one, and I never had an issue. I just bought this new G 27 and only shot 150 rounds through it. The problem didn't start until I used the 15 round mag and I also had 3 other 9 round mags and they started to have problems too. Anyone have any Idea of why this would happen? First I thought the 15 R mag I bought was no good, or used until it started happening with standard mags. Some say limp wristing but like I said I shot the Glock 27 for many years with no issues. Guy at the range said it probably needed oil. Thanks

#2 ·
Possible causes, from the manual:
Magazine improperly inserted
Underpowered ammunition
Dirty magazine
Weak magazine spring
Dirty chamber
Tight extractor
Limp-wristing
Deformed magazine
Weak recoil spring

#10 ·
Yeah I was told and have seen many people use a 15 round mag up to the 33 round mag. its overkill but I figured its nice to have a 15 rd mag for the range. My intention was to just have it before they start the banning of high capacity mags.. I did notice though when I slid the rounds out of the mag, by time I got down to about 6 the spring seemed to be weak and I had to kinda push it out instead of it popping out , im gonna have the armory look at it. I see that someone popped the hole and took the spring out already since there is a dent in the part where you poke.. Forgive me for my lack of knowledge of some of the official terms, as I said in my intro, though I have been carrying for 14 years, I just really started getting interested in the sport and learning about differnt firearms.. there is a lot to learn but Im liking it.

#11 ·
I just read that the slide is cycling faster than the weaker springs in the 15rd mag can push up those last few rounds. Guess thats why the standard mags are the right way to go.. Thats how I carry anyway.. Hope it didnt do any damage.

#14 ·
Darn, that just blows all of those arguments on how PERFECT Glocks are! LOL = just kidding folks...... :)

For my next thread, I'll start a caliber war on 'which Glock has the perfect caliber'..

Seriously,

Were you using 'short' ammo such as hollow points? If not racked and stacked properly, and then tapped, you can get an uneven line up the Mag with short ammo that will often cause a missfeed.

#16 ·
Thanks , I just stripped the gun today and looked at the recoil spring, and it looks a little bent, i dont know if that is normal or not, I never really paid much attention to how the firearms work until this past year as Im enjoying the sport of shooting and training.. I noticed also that the bullets that screwed up were called "lawman". Im gonna use some other rounds next time i go to the range

#19 ·
since I've never replaced a recoil spring in any of my Glocks, I would say it is definitely mag related. I've seen G26's fail with G17 mags. If you're putting too much pressure on the extended mag itself, it will
move the mag just enough that the rounds do not chamber properly. No idea why the standard mags would then also have problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.