Range Report!: My first time shooting with my new Sig + questions + news stories - Page 2

Range Report!: My first time shooting with my new Sig + questions + news stories

This is a discussion on Range Report!: My first time shooting with my new Sig + questions + news stories within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You might look at the 7 shot magazine for the P238. It is a little longer and makes more grip to use. Any .22 pistol ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Range Report!: My first time shooting with my new Sig + questions + news stories

You might look at the 7 shot magazine for the P238. It is a little longer and makes more grip to use. Any .22 pistol you purchase, make sure it has a safety in about the same place as your P238. You can buy .380 ammo in a 250 round "Brick" for about $75 and that is better than $20 for a box of 50. I am a laser fan and a crimson trace is a good investment and very natural. After sighting in, the hole goes where the red dot is.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

My advice is to invest money in some quality shooting instruction first, THEN start investing in ammo. If you practice shooting before you learn the fundamentals of grip, stance, sight alignment, etc, you're probably practicing poor technique (read: creating bad habits).

The good news is that some of the things you'll need to practice (such as drawing from concealment) don't require live fire. You may want to get some snap caps though.

I'm not a fan of using a .22 for CCW practice drills, even though the ammo is cheap. They're fun for plinking stuff at the range, though!
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links