GOOD-bye finger humps (Gen 3 Glock 23)

This is a discussion on GOOD-bye finger humps (Gen 3 Glock 23) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Before buying my Gen 3 Glock 23, I had never shot a compact Glock, only the G17. After owning it for a while, I just ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chesafreak

Thread: GOOD-bye finger humps (Gen 3 Glock 23)

Before buying my Gen 3 Glock 23, I had never shot a compact Glock, only the G17. After owning it for a while, I just couldn't get past the way the top finger hump sat under my middle finger instead of between fingers.

I have invested too much in this one to let it go: holsters (CBST, Remora, Blackhawk), night sights (Tru-Glow TFO's), GlockTriggers.com Guardian, and extra mags. And... I shoot it very well.

I was going to send it to an expert to reduce the grip. I decided to do it myself. First I ground off the humps with grinder. Then I used sandpaper over a period of a few weeks taking off a little at a time. I also slightly undercut the trigger guard where the middle finger rests to be able to grip it a little higher. Right now I have some grip tape on the front strap while I work up the nerve to stipple it. I love the way it fits my hand now.

I took it to the range at my LGS today. While I was there I checked with the Glock Armorer to make sure I haven't taken off too much before I stipple it. He said he thinks its fine to stipple it without weakening the frame as long as I don't go very deep.

Here's a picture of it now. I will update the thread after I stipple it next weekend.
    DBS25 likes this.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Looks good, You could of saved alot of time and got a Gen2.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by TWO GUNS View Post
    Looks good, You could of saved alot of time and got a Gen2.
    Thanks. The whole point was that I was delaying any additional fiirearms purchases except ammo while I paid down some debts after divorce. I loved everything else about my G23 except the finger humps. I obviously didn't know the difference between Gen 2 and 3 when I bought it.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Nicely done. I sometimes debate with myself about whether I like the finger grooves on my Glocks, which are all Gen3's.

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Good work.

Those finger humps are never in the right place for me, either.

VIP Member
    Great job. I will do the same basic thing to mine when I get home.

Don't worry about the stippling just take your time. When I bought mine it was already done but it is not that difficult to do.

"A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I guess I'm lucky in that those peskey finger grooves fit just about right in my hand. Looks like a pretty good job you did on your though.......
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Links