Shooting at Wisconsin mall

This is a discussion on Shooting at Wisconsin mall within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Still looking for the shooter Shooting at Wisconsin spa; 7 injured This Just In - CNN.com Blogs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Shooting at Wisconsin mall

Last edited by SpencerB; October 21st, 2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

Shooting was across the street from the mall. It took place at a Spa.

Shooter is still at large......
    Mass shooting at salon near Brookfield Square Mall | Waukesha County - WISN Home

Mall and hospital where they took the victims are on lock-down.
    http://fox6now.com/2012/10/21/report...at-nearby-spa/
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Hope they find the fool.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Well, the waiting game begins now.

Was it a personal shooting, or gang related?

It's not normal for someone wanting to rob a place to just start shooting everyone. Then again, many of the details are probably missing. So sad.

News makes it sound like the shooters (ex)wife worked at the spa. Confirmed 3 dead.

My grandmother works across the street in the mall, luckily she was off today.

Situations like this is why I carry everywhere I go.

Lead Moderator
    Threads merged.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Suspected shooter found dead:

Shooting at spa in Wisconsin: 4 dead, including gunman, police say | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

From article:

A shooting at a spa near a Brookfield, Wis., mall on Sunday left three dead and four others wounded, police said. The suspected gunman, 45-year-old Radcliffe Haughton, of Brown Deer, Wis., was later found dead.

According to online court records," the Journal-Sentinel said, "Haughton was not allowed to have firearms and was directed to deliver firearms to the sheriff. The order does not indicate if that happened."
    End

^Obviously^^^^^^^^^^

He didn't turn all the weapons in, eh?

RIP all the deceased
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    They have found the shooter - dead. As I understood the news, it was from a self inflicted gunshot.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

see this is why I carry even if its just to the store, because you never know when it's gonna happen. My brother thinks I'm paranoid but for me its simple to just holster my weapon and go about my business. No one knows im carrying and Its something I've been doing since legal age.. May never need it, but I'd be pretty upset if I was without and a mass shooting took place and I didnt have the ability to help stop it or defend myself.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

It is not paranoia. Things are happening all across the country. A 12 year old shot an intruder in her house in Texas several days ago (score one for a survivor). Arkansas State Troopers anticipate that 90% of vehicles on the road have some kind of weapon in them now, legal or otherwise (I think they are counting knives in there).

The thing is to be a good citizen, not a vigilante, keep what your packing discretely tucked away, keep a smile on your face, and be prepared when such things happen. Let grandma walk the streets thinking she is safe. She has that right.

The

George
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

So sad, and pathetic. At least the murderer is no more. As other have stated this is why one should always carry. If we knew when we would need it, we woukdnt need to always be prepared.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

TheTruthAboutGuns is reporting the SPA was a Gun Free Zone
    BREAKING: WI Spree Killer Found Dead; Azana Salon Was "Gun Free Zone" | The Truth About Guns

I'm completely shocked a Mass-Shooting could have occurred in a "Gun Free Zone" </sarcasm>
    There is more than one reason I prefer to avoid these "Gun Free Zones".

This is such a senseless tragedy. My prayers go out to the victims and families.

There is a very disturbing trend that has been developing over the last thirteen years or so. Homicidal (and in some cases suicidal) people are shooting groups of people who are (or at least the shooters believe are) completely defenseless. It's happening with increasingly alarming regularity. Whether it's people in posted areas such as the theater in Colorado, or a salon in Wisconsin. Of course, that doesn't come as a surprise to those of us who carry. We already know that criminals target those who are defenseless, and therefore easier marks. If that's not an indictment of the failed policies of the anti's, and evidence of the need for reformed firearms laws, including carry laws, I don't know what is.

The anti's will of course try to spin the shootings as evidence of the need for more and stricter gun laws. They honestly just don't get it, and I'm sure never will. That's why we need to make sure we vote, and encourage everyone we know who wants to preserve our freedoms to vote.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links