Japanese restaurant owner shoots at customer over bill

This is a discussion on Japanese restaurant owner shoots at customer over bill within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I like sushi but not in a town not near the coast......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Japanese restaurant owner shoots at customer over bill

I like sushi but not in a town not near the coast...
    grav, Jeanlouise and oldnfat like this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

2. Remove Ads

Just out of curiousity, I get why you prefer a Japanese sushi chef but why a Korean sushi chef? Though, through years of training, all can be very good I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    Lesson learned: Never eat sushi at a Japanese restaurant whose owner or sushi maker is Chinese or Vietnamese. Korean, OK. Japanese, definitely OK. Especially since this is supposed to be a high end Japanese restaurant.

Owner has a Vietnamese name. Don't know why he is been called Chinese in the article.

Neko

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    Lesson learned: Never eat sushi at a Japanese restaurant whose owner or sushi maker is Chinese or Vietnamese. Korean, OK. Japanese, definitely OK. Especially since this is supposed to be a high end Japanese restaurant.

Owner has a Vietnamese name. Don't know why he is been called Chinese in the article.

Neko
    I think it's more attractive to customers to call even a vietnamese restaurant "chinese..........." since chinese restaurants are more common and well known. there is a restaurant near my work place and it's actually half viet and half chinese, but got a chinese restaurant name. Owner is viet too.

Quote Originally Posted by 02R1 View Post
    I think it's more attractive to customers to call even a vietnamese restaurant "chinese..........." since chinese restaurants are more common and well known. there is a restaurant near my work place and it's actually half viet and half chinese, but got a chinese restaurant name. Owner is viet too.
    Did anybody read the article? It is a Japanese resteraunt and nobody says Chinese in the article or in the video...
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I told that guy not to tell the owner Godzilla would be coming for him. Just goes to show ya-- you buy these kids books today, and they just tear off the covers.

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    Something tells me he's fumed over one too many dine-and-dashers.
    On the video his nephew said his uncle 'No likie being screwed, and he had a gun. He said his uncle was excitable.' I personally think that sushi was only worth a good beating. Now if it was Lobster Fu Yung, then I agree Quoc Trong Tran was in his rights to use deadly force.

Restaurant owner shoots at customer over bill | wtsp.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Did anybody read the article? It is a Japanese resteraunt and nobody says Chinese in the article or in the video...
    I did! post #10
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member
    The nephew seemed to think his uncle was acting reasonable. Scary family.

What? Sushi Chefs don't shoot customers that complain about their bill in other parts of the country?
    Metro Orlando has its share of freaks.....just add these two clowns to the list.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I think the restaurant is in the former Rep. Grayson's district. Explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    The nephew seemed to think his uncle was acting reasonable. Scary family.
    The kid said something like 'My uncle was sick of people complaining and not paying their checks. He had a gun, his adrenline was flowing, and his manhood took over'. I say it's time to send Kim Van Trouc back to Hanoi.

Why do I prefer Korean sushi chefs? Just through personal experience. In Honolulu, where I used to live for decades, the Koreans slowly started taking over the sushi restaurant business in the 70's. When I left in the mid 90's, almost every "Japanese" sushi restaurant was owned by a Korean, with Korean sushi chefs. There were authentic Japanese restaurants owned by Japanese, but no sushi restaurants. The majority of the Korean-owned sushi restaurants were just as good as the former Japanese-owned sushi restaurants. The few Chinese-owned ones were terrible, unless the sushi chef was Korean. I found this to be true in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and throughout CA. To this day, I avoid any sushi restaurant that does not have a sushi maker of Korean or Japanese (very rare) descent. I completely exclude Chinese buffets. I will not even touch sushi made at those places.

Neko

What a moron.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links