Japanese restaurant owner shoots at customer over bill

This is a discussion on Japanese restaurant owner shoots at customer over bill within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Summary: --- Two americans go to a sushi house, the food is crap, they take one bite and complain. They pay for one meal. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Japanese restaurant owner shoots at customer over bill

Summary: --- Two americans go to a sushi house, the food is crap, they take one bite and complain. They pay for one meal. The chinese/Chinese/Vietnamese immigrant manager explodes, throws them out, attacks their car, and fires two shots.

Snippets of article ---- WINTER PARK, Fla. (WKMG) - Winter Park police have arrested the owner of an upscale local restaurant for shooting at his own customers over a bill. Two young men argued over a sushi bill - bad food - one paid, and other didn't.

"I never expected that I would receive that type of treatment because I complained about a meal; that my life would be put in danger," said Phillips. "They begin harrassing us and cussing at us and telling us to leave their restaurant and when we got in the car to leave, they began beating the car and then they shot at the car."

Restaurant owner shoots at customer over bill | wtsp.com
    Last edited by theskunk; October 22nd, 2012 at 07:49 PM.

VIP Member
    Never take Sushi to a gun fight.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Something tells me he's fumed over one too many dine-and-dashers.

James Marshall Phillips III said he was served bad sushi at Wazzabi. His friend Destin McMahon was so dissatisfied, he lost his appetite and sent his food back to the kitchen of the Winter Park restaurant.

Wazzabi's owner, Quoc Trong Tran, 55, and a cook, Hoai Trong Viet Tran, 37, chased them out and fired at the car as it drove away. Quoc Tran said the Americans tried to run him over, and it was self defense. Police didn't buy his story, and Quoc Tran is in jail.

Lesson learned: Never eat sushi at a Japanese restaurant whose owner or sushi maker is Chinese or Vietnamese. Korean, OK. Japanese, definitely OK. Especially since this is supposed to be a high end Japanese restaurant.

Owner has a Vietnamese name. Don't know why he is been called Chinese in the article.

Neko

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post
    Lesson learned: Never eat sushi at a Japanese restaurant whose owner or sushi maker is Chinese or Vietnamese. Korean, OK. Japanese, definitely OK. Especially since this is supposed to be a high end Japanese restaurant.

Owner has a Vietnamese name. Don't know why he is been called Chinese in the article.

Neko
    Probably because most people don't know the difference between Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean and Japanese names.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    You tell them to leave, you follow them outside, you void your claim of SD. Someone needs to explain the Zimmerman case to him.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Just goes to show that "upscale" doesn't mean upstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by neko View Post

Neko
    Unless I missed something the only reference to anything Chinese is in the title of the thread. It was a Japanese resteraunt....
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Unless I missed something the only reference to anything Chinese is in the title of the thread. It was a Japanese resteraunt....
    I didn't see any reference to him being Chinese either. On a different note: I watched the video and thought that guy was a girl until he started to speak. Whew, scary when that happens!

The only thing I eat that ain't cooked is Cereal and some vegetables and fruits
    ws76133 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You tell them to leave, you follow them outside, you void your claim of SD. Someone needs to explain the Zimmerman case to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Just goes to show that "upscale" doesn't mean upstanding.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    I'll keep going to the steak and hamburger joints
    just to be on the safe side.

I can't stand sushi anyway.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Attempted murder over 'bad food' comments? That pig won't fly.

If as reported: throw the book at him, and at everyone else involved in the attack.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Throw him in the srammer.

and so many people say ..... why do I need to carry in a restaurant, where nothing is going to happen ........... LMAO.

One sensitive cook, I'ld say.

I advised a cafeteria that I found the jello was full of small bits of glass....... and they thought I was trying to get out of paying for the dinner. I kept telling them "NO , I"m trying to tell you that you need to pull the jello and check it for glass" .......
    they began really going off on me about it. And, they never pulled the jello..... So....... I paid them for the dinner, put the jello in a doggy bag so I could turn it over to the health dept and report them, and then loudly professed to all of their customers .... "What ever you do, DON'T EAT THE JELLO >>> IT"S FULL OF GLASS & they are refusing to even check it" . At that point they threatened to call the Police, and I told them I thought that was a very good idea... let's do it..... because I'm betting they will check the jello.

Not fun putting jello in your mouth and finding you now had a mouth full of small bits of glass.

With written signed and notarized affidavits from the 5 friends there with me, that the jello was not tampered with by me and was as it was gotten from the restaurant (had taped the sides of the styrofoam container and signed across the seams so anyone would know if it had been opened. They went to the restaurant and checked things..... guess what, even though it was 2 weeks later they went..... they found glass in the jello. They fined the restaurant and kept a good eye with frequent inspections, and within 2 months they had found so many things in food, etc. that they were closed down.

Since when did the Chinese make Sushi, it's a Japanese dish and they hate the Japanese.
    If you buy a cinnamon roll in China.... beware.... it's cardboard that's rolled up and then covered with stuff and cooked.....
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links