Came right out of the box like this - Page 2

Came right out of the box like this

This is a discussion on Came right out of the box like this within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; if you shoot long enough, you'll eventually see some things that scare the crap out of you. WWB 9mm 147gr purchased at Walmart in 2010. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Came right out of the box like this

if you shoot long enough, you'll eventually see some things that scare the crap out of you. WWB 9mm 147gr purchased at Walmart in 2010. Ka-Boom looking to happen.

Same cartridge.....different angle.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Wall of shamer for sure. I see this when reloaders forget to flair the case openings (think that's the term).
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

It happens. I have seen a round from a Federal 9mm duty ammo issued to a police department missing the lead core. That is why you visually inspect every round.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    It happens but rarer than finding a wheat penny in your pocket change.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Re: Came right out of the box like this

Oops. Somebody must have been sleeping on the job.

I'm with the 'toss it and move on' group.
    bigmacque likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    If it's built by man, sooner or later it will get screwed up. 99% of the time the QC people will catch it, but occasionally they miss one too.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    You got a prototype by accident. Since the "case marking" pin concept isn't going over well, the Brady Bunch is working on the "chamber marking" round that also makes "Semi-automatic" a thing of the past.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I would definitely contact the manufacture. If nothing else, to alert them to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I've only see this once before in commercial ammunition. Thinking about it, isn't it amazing that it does not happen more often?
    Ditto.

Given the use of automated equipment and likelihood that far less than 100% of ammo is visually/electronically tested following manufacture, I would expect to find more such problems in ammo.

All the more reason to heed the warning that some of us were taught when starting with defensive sidearms: always check the defensive ammo prior to loading up the magazines, since if needed then your life will depend on them functioning perfectly.

IMO, until makers of defensive ammo and firearms put into practice a zero-tolerance, perfect-functioning mode of design and production, we'll need to remain the final testers. And even if that were the case, it would still make sense to give it a final scan/eval prior to use.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That's a new one.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Welcome to the world of automation. I've had quite a few just like that from Remington, Winchester, and Federal. They all get machines that get grouchy now and then.

Without a doubt, call the manufacturer and you will most likely get a full replacement box for that bad round.

Always look at your ammunition before you load it.
    I get your point but how does one not look @ their ammo before loading it unless doing so blind folded?

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

My theory is that the box got hit by a tiny bolt of lightning.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links