Came right out of the box like this

2K views 27 replies 28 participants last post by  Dandyone 
#1 ·
A Remington Golden Sabre .45 JHP 185gr.

I've never seen this before.
Product Copper Bottle Ammunition Metal

See less See more
#25 ·
I've only see this once before in commercial ammunition. Thinking about it, isn't it amazing that it does not happen more often?
Ditto. :eek:k:

Given the use of automated equipment and likelihood that far less than 100% of ammo is visually/electronically tested following manufacture, I would expect to find more such problems in ammo.

All the more reason to heed the warning that some of us were taught when starting with defensive sidearms: always check the defensive ammo prior to loading up the magazines, since if needed then your life will depend on them functioning perfectly.

IMO, until makers of defensive ammo and firearms put into practice a zero-tolerance, perfect-functioning mode of design and production, we'll need to remain the final testers. And even if that were the case, it would still make sense to give it a final scan/eval prior to use.

#8 ·
I'm not suprised. Remington's QC has been virtually non-existant since they were aquired by Cerberus.

I've seen new bolt actions that bolts wouldnt close all the way on...

Scope mounting holes that werent threaded...

scounting holes that came pre stripped...

Cracked stocks,new in the box...

#9 ·
Welcome to the world of automation. I've had quite a few just like that from Remington, Winchester, and Federal. They all get machines that get grouchy now and then.

Without a doubt, call the manufacturer and you will most likely get a full replacement box for that bad round.

Always look at your ammunition before you load it.

#27 ·
I get your point but how does one not look @ their ammo before loading it unless doing so blind folded?

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.

#11 ·
And that's why you inspect your ammo. Toss it and move on. Call the manufacturer? Really--over one round? Trying for that "something for nothing" deal?

Reactions: bigmacque
#17 ·
Wall of shamer for sure. I see this when reloaders forget to flair the case openings (think that's the term).

#22 ·
If it's built by man, sooner or later it will get screwed up. 99% of the time the QC people will catch it, but occasionally they miss one too.

#23 ·
You got a prototype by accident. Since the "case marking" pin concept isn't going over well, the Brady Bunch is working on the "chamber marking" round that also makes "Semi-automatic" a thing of the past.

#24 ·
I would definitely contact the manufacture. If nothing else, to alert them to the problem.

#26 ·
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That's a new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.