Ruger's Success

This is a discussion on Ruger's Success within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not sure if this was posted here yet but the link is to an interesting article on Forbes about Ruger's recent success. Behind America's Gun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ruger's Success

Thumbs up Ruger's Success

Not sure if this was posted here yet but the link is to an interesting article on Forbes about Ruger's recent success.

Behind America's Gun Boom: Inside The Comeback At Sturm, Ruger - Forbes
    dV8r likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

2. Remove Ads

Interesting. Good thing the plumber liked guns! I like my Rugers and will continue to buy products as I see fit. Would like to shoot that 556!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Re: Ruger's Success

Being a huge fan of Ruger this article makes my day.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    rammerjammer likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My only Rugers were both Blackhawks (.357/.41 Mags) and they were outstanding firearms. The .41 Mag was probably the most accurate handgun I've ever shot short of a custom, accurized 1911. I do miss it so.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

High quality guns at a fair price. It only makes since they are a success story.

Not always the most finely finished firearms but probably the most utilitarian. I harvested my first deer with the then new Super Redhawk 7 1/2 incher and Leupold scope I bought with my Pell Grant money. Guess you can say the gub'ment bought me that one. It is exceedingly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Not sure if this was posted here yet but the link is to an interesting article on Forbes about Ruger's recent success.

Behind America's Gun Boom: Inside The Comeback At Sturm, Ruger - Forbes
    Yep, not so hard to figure out.
    A good product that people want and like, now make it the USA.
    A formula for success. Maybe GM could learn from this.

By the way looks like there is no Union in the mix either, in case anyone is wondering.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

I grew up in Wyoming with a Ruger 10/22 on my shoulder; still own one today. Owned a P85 back in the late '80s.
    Never had a problem with Rugers. I had no idea they were ever "in the basement of the industry." Glad they're out of the basement now.
    Great guns.

NMB
    Bill Ruger sent this letter to congress, dont ever forget it.

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

-William B. Ruger
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    Bill Ruger is long since dead and the nature of the company reflects his absence, by producing firearms the public wants like high capacity assault rifles.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NMB View Post
    "The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining 'assault rifle' and 'semi-automatic rifles' is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could effectively implement these objectives."

-William B. Ruger
    Think about it, by banning just the so-called high-cap magazine instead of the weapon that would accept it once the “assault weapons” ban expired you merely switched back to normal capacity magazines instead of being limited to only 10 round weapons.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Bill Ruger is long since dead and the nature of the company reflects his absence, by producing firearms the public wants like high capacity assault rifles.
    Agree that Ruger has incurred some obvious "innovation motivation" since Bill's passing. Henry Ford (The First) might not approve of the new Mustang either. Often in business the personality that's capable of the bootstrap startup is the same personality that eventually doesn't fit well into the corporate hierarchy, even if they're the ones who GREW it! I liked Rugers 35 years ago, and I like 'em now!
    jbum likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I like my Rugers and would have no problem with owning new ones. The mindset of the original owner/CEO (or whatever Bill Ruger was) is irrelevant to what the company is today.

Re: Ruger's Success

I've yet to own a ruger but I have my eye on one...

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I have 5 Ruger guns and will certainly have more. Got my first one in 1967 and have been a fan ever since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links