Do you support a businesses right to ban guns(Poll added)

This is a discussion on Do you support a businesses right to ban guns(Poll added) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; PRIVATE property !!! Hmmmmmm, let me see, ur home is private only family and friends allowed its cause its( private ), private club only certain ...

View Poll Results: Do you support a business's right to ban guns?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

87 82.86%
  • NO

18 17.14%
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: Do you support a businesses right to ban guns(Poll added)

PRIVATE property !!! Hmmmmmm, let me see, ur home is private only family and friends allowed its cause its( private ), private club only certain vip. Members allowed cause its (private) now when you allow strangers of any raise, color,kind ,the unknown, into the property or(establishment) now its no longer private, its PUBLIC, public property !!! What is my point ? The laws of your home (should) be different in many ways , than the laws of a public establishment. WHY ? Ive explained it the best I could in sections 5 thru 11 .now I know I just opened a new can of worms just now , ewwwweee!!! Im goin to get jumped. Lol.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Ummmm. No. Allowing people to enter property in no way makes it public. Public property is property owned by the government that has been designated as public. A business is a private entity, even when publicly traded, and the property owned by it is private property, even when that property is open to the public.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    "Open to the public" and "Public Property" are not the same.

Public property means it is owned by the government. Private property means it owned by individuals who are not the government. A business does not belong to the government and is not subject to the public's discretion. It is owned by individuals who make the rules.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Please address what I asked in my post instead of trying to deflect the topic away to something else.
    You asked the question rhetorically. You answered your question right after you asked it.

Have a look:
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Now, explain to me why you would the need to carry while jumping and on the drop zone?
    Sir, you do not have a need to carry everywhere you go. You have a desire to carry wherever you want to go. There is a big difference.
    First is the question of guns on privat aircraft are legal in the first place. I accept the link.
    Second is if I have any obligation to demonstrate a 'need' to anyone. I don't need to have or demonstrate a 'need' to any person or entity.
    Thirdly, the need to carry anywhere is the same as the need to carry anywhere else: basic human right to self defense. There's nothing special about your jump-school that I need to carry specifically there. You're just another location in a world where I have a need to carry just about everywhere I go.

Why do I carry to the grocery store? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Why do I carry to the gas station? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Why do I carry to the movie theater? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Why do I carry to the mall? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Why do I carry at work? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Why do I carry to class? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Why do I carry to friend's and family's homes? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.

Why do I carry to ______________? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Miamieddie View Post
    PRIVATE property !!! Hmmmmmm, let me see, ur home is private only family and friends allowed its cause its( private ), private club only certain vip. Members allowed cause its (private) now when you allow strangers of any raise, color,kind ,the unknown, into the property or(establishment) now its no longer private, its PUBLIC, public property !!! What is my point ? The laws of your home (should) be different in many ways , than the laws of a public establishment. WHY ? Ive explained it the best I could in sections 5 thru 11 .now I know I just opened a new can of worms just now , ewwwweee!!! Im goin to get jumped. Lol.
    Holy grammar errors, Batman!
    Miamieddie likes this.

Lol I know sorry !!! I take it back ill put my serious face back on, lol ...

Wow and I thought I had too much free time on my hands to post on forums.

Insanity can be defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    suntzu likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

So... What would happen if someone was carrying in their private jet and flew over Illinois air space?

I do find it funny that people are posting about the amount of excessive posting in this thread.

LOL. Come on guys, no fighting.
    ArmyMan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    I do find it funny that people are posting about the amount of excessive posting in this thread.
    Yeah that's always good for a chuckle. Folks post about how much stuff is posted, expecting a different result every-time they post about how much is posted.

Who's insane? Might want to look in a mirror and think about that a little more...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    They have the right but they get none of my cash.
    well said!

I have the right not to spend my cash there

I also spend where they support my rights

Any private business has that right, however exercising that right will probably have consequences. Just like the right of free speech, you can exercise that right however you have to accept the results. For example going into a biker bar and loudly declaring you are there to kick everyone's butt. You can say it, but what comes next is all on you.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    You asked the question rhetorically. You answered your question right after you asked it.

Have a look:

First is the question of guns on privat aircraft are legal in the first place. I accept the link.
    Second is if I have any obligation to demonstrate a 'need' to anyone. I don't need to have or demonstrate a 'need' to any person or entity.
    Thirdly, the need to carry anywhere is the same as the need to carry anywhere else: basic human right to self defense. There's nothing special about your jump-school that I need to carry specifically there. You're just another location in a world where I have a need to carry just about everywhere I go.

Why do I carry to the grocery store? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Why do I carry to the gas station? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Why do I carry to the movie theater? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Why do I carry to the mall? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Why do I carry at work? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Why do I carry to class? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Why do I carry to friend's and family's homes? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.

Why do I carry to ______________? Because I have the basic human right to self defense everywhere.
    Can you be charged with trespassing if you fail to leave any of those places when asked by the owner or their legal designee?
    Any of those places where the answer is yes, means it is a place you do not have a right to be. As you do not have a right to be there your lawful presence there is conditional. As the property owner or their legal representative they have the right to define what is acceptable behavior on their property. Carrying a weapon is a behavior, just as smoking, skateborading, playing loud music, or having consensual sex are. As such it can be prohibited just as any of those other lawful behaviors can be.

And lets not forget, businesses are doing us a favor by opening establishments near us just as much as we are doing them a favor by patronizing them. We are not the only ones that can vote with our wallets or our feet. Businesses pull out of markets all the time. Try to find a 7-11 or a Krispy Kreme in Houton. If a state tells a business they have to allow weapons, and the company feels that strongly about it, there is nothing to stop them from closing down operations in that state. Sure it might hurt their bottom line for a while, but they decide for themselves what is acceptable loss.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Can you be charged with trespassing if you fail to leave any of those places when asked by the owner or their legal designee?
    Here we go again...
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2700 View Post
    Why are you obsessing with this?
    Because when confronted with states where signs do not carry the force of law, where walking past a sign is not in and of itself a criminal act, folks still respond with "well it's trespassing if you refuse to leave if asked"...implying a gun carrier was ever made, implying they were asked to leave if made, implying they refused to leave if asked, implying that's not a crime anyway even if no gun was never involved in any way.
    Yes, mcp, in my state my presence in a store is still a lawful presence even if I ignore a gun-buster sign.

I said nothing about signs. The question was " Can you be charged with trespassing if you fail to leave any of those places when asked by the owner or their legal designee?"
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Moderator

Once again this topic has been beaten to death, by many of the same subjects who always beat it to death.
    ArmyMan and Rock and Glock like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Links