Do you support a businesses right to ban guns(Poll added)

This is a discussion on Do you support a businesses right to ban guns(Poll added) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Most every state has a RTKBA/self defense statement in it's constitution. This surely means the law abiding citizens in public. Knowing this in advance of ...

View Poll Results: Do you support a business's right to ban guns?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

87 82.86%
  • NO

18 17.14%
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: Do you support a businesses right to ban guns(Poll added)

Most every state has a RTKBA/self defense statement in it's constitution. This surely means the law abiding citizens in public. Knowing this in advance of planning, starting, opening, continuing operations, growing and/or whatever the business, does a business truly have "equal rights" to control, deny and/or usurp the "law abiding", licensed citizen's right to bear arms when they open their doors to the said public citizen? The "law" states codes that are to be followed in the operation of a business open to the public. What happens if the business owner does not follow them? Are those laws more binding than the laws established by the state regarding the licensed carrying of firearms

I say they do not have the right to deny a lawful practice regulated by the state; those laws being duly enacted by the elected legislature...
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I think your logic and post is 180 degrees wrong (the parts in bold). You have this premise which I beleive is 100 percent wrong that business's have no gun signs to deter crime. Tha premise IMO is totally wrong. You are making a huge assumption. Business owners have no gun signs for other reasons such as ND's and AD's of morons that do not know what they are doing. Fear that if one exposes a weapon accidently it can cause a misunderstanding, for their own philisophical reasons (pacifisct). Fear of an argument that gets out of control and a person(s) start a shootout. Some of these whether well founded or not are the reassons why they have no gun signs. Not because they think it will deter a criminal.

You try to find 5 CREDIBLE business owners that say they put up NO GUN signs because they believe it would deter a criminal from robbing the place and I will find 100 times that number that do it for the reasons I stated.

I understand your frustration...but your premis is so far wrong. And I will not go as far as you to call folks stupid for agreeing or disagreeing with my statment
    So post a "no-ND" sign. NDs are already illegal anyway, so your sign would have force-of-law in every state by default, and I highly doubt you would have any objection from lawful gun owners.

Support? No.

Respect? Yes.

Will they get my money? Never.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Buy a dictionary

Trespass - n. - wrongful entry upon the lands of another
    In many states ignoring a no-gun sign isn't wrong. You may personally believe it's wrong, but legally it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    Support? No.

Respect? Yes.

Will they get my money? Never.
    Like Bark'n said, I can't respect stupidity. Folks should just stop being stupid, not force the rest of us to tolerate it.
    CLASS3NH likes this.

I agree completely with linuss
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke, Edmund

Proud owner of a G35. And yes I carry it concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
    So post a "no-ND" sign. NDs are already illegal anyway, so your sign would have force-of-law in every state by default, and I highly doubt you would have any objection from lawful gun owners.
    Do you even bother reading a post in its entirity and figure out what the writer was saying. The point of the post was to refute the claim that owners post no gun signs becuase they think it will deter criminals from doing what ever. I then went on to explain the reason why they do post the signs whether it makes sense to anyone or not.

It was not a jumping off point for you to twist it into how signs should be posted. Good grief. I don't care what an owner does.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Do you even bother reading a post in its entirity and figure out what the writer was saying.
    I sure do, every time.

You said you don't post a gun-buster sign to deture crime, you post to deture NDs.

The presence of a gun isn't your problem, an ND is your problem.

Hence my suggestion that you simply post a no-ND sign.

See how easily that flows? No problem.

The point of the post was to refute the claim that owners post no gun signs becuase they think it will deter criminals from doing what ever.
    Yup, I got that.

I then went on to explain the reason why they do post the signs whether it makes sense to anyone or not.
    Yup, to deture NDs, hence my suggestion to post a no-ND sign, not a no-gun sign.

It's the 'oll "keep-it-holstered" test.

I sure do, every time.

You said you don't post a gun-buster sign to deture crime, you post to deture NDs.

The presence of a gun isn't your problem, an ND is your problem.

Hence my suggestion that you simply post a no-ND sign.

See how easily that flows? No problem.

Yup, I got that.

Yup, to deture NDs, hence my suggestion to post a no-ND sign, not a no-gun sign.
    Well, you keep up your suggestions. My post was not asking for any LOL.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Well, you keep up your suggestions.
    Ok, I'll keep them up, good to know they're welcome :)

In many states ignoring a no-gun sign isn't wrong. You may personally believe it's wrong, but legally it's not.
    An act doesn't have to be illegal to be wrong.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eipo View Post
    An act doesn't have to be illegal to be wrong.
    Quite right, arbitrarily posting no-gun signs is always wrong regardless of what the law says.

If you don't have a demonstratable 'need', such as above-ground fuel tanks for equipment, then banning lawful carry (or any other constitutionally protected right) from your business is wrong regardless.

Quite right, arbitrarily posting no-gun signs is always wrong regardless of what the law says.

If you don't have a demonstratable 'need', such as above-ground fuel tanks for equipment, then banning lawful carry (or any other constitutionally protected right) from your business is wrong regardless.
    Thats your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. But in regards to property rights, its neither right or wrong. It just is.

I am curious where you have gotten the notion that your Constitutionally protected rights trump someone elses Constitutionally protected rights.

Quote Originally Posted by eipo View Post
    I am curious where you have gotten the notion that your Constitutionally protected rights trump someone elses Constitutionally protected rights.
    "Strict Scrutiny", check it out. A preference never ever trumps a constitutional right, ever.

A preference to ban guns does not trump the right to carry. This is SCOTUS standard. I've quoted and linked to it so many times the mods are about to hit me with a spamming infraction.

Constitutionally, you need to have a 'need' in order to ban a right. In this case I frequently use above-ground fuel tanks as an example.

But I mean, hey if you want to go that rout, that the constitution only limits government and not private people, then since I'm not the government your constitutional rights regarding land ownership do not limit my right to carry on your property, they only limit the government's ability to carry on your property.

ArmyMan likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Links