Am I being Unreasonable - Page 5

Am I being Unreasonable

This is a discussion on Am I being Unreasonable within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott First off, you can never have enough guns . Seriously, though, here are a couple of other thoughts--the AR makes ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Am I being Unreasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    First off, you can never have enough guns .

Seriously, though, here are a couple of other thoughts--the AR makes good tactical sense--ammo is not to expensive, and they are fun as heck to shoot.

Don't buy one, buy 4 or 5. One for you, one for investment sake (potential resale later) and one each for your two (?) daughters. When they are out of the house, who then is going to protect them?????

Take them together on a "date" to your local Police Dept. and have one of the homocide detectives talk to them about what he has seen done to young women, and then take them to the range and teach them how to shoot and defend themselves. Then buy an appopriate pistol for each one as well as the AR, for when they actually move out on their own. Teach them about Situational Awareness, get them the class or whatever needed for a concealed carry permit. If your wife objects to this, take her with you to visit the homocide detective. He probably has a few forensic pictures that are worth more than 10,000 words about teaching and equipping your daughters to protect themselves.
    This response has some very good ideas.

About the OP's subject: I cannot dream of living in the OP's situation. I have bought something over 50 guns in the last year, I do not count them, the actual number is unimportant. What is important is that all of them can be sold for at least what I have invested in them and that I can pick up whatever strikes my fancy for the days shooting excursion and that I am extremely well prepared for personal & home defense.

OP have any other toys? Boats, 4 wheelers, cars, trucks? If yes take some older toy and sell it to fund your AR, start with a good platform that you will not lose money on like a Colt 6920 and you can add goodies later. While your wife seems to have absolute control over your household the firearms and defense of your household is your responsibility and you should have the freedom to do as you wish within reason.

I am a female and bought a Sig AR in November with some Birthday money I had saved up (on the way out elk hunting at Cabela's). Let me tell you, I have shotguns, 20 and 12 gau. rifles 7mm and 30/30. BUT I LOVE my AR. I use it for coyote/fox hunting, and feel so comfortable with it I keep it upstairs for my personal home protection gun now. It has an adjustable stock and is a breeze to shoot.... it is light and doesn't kick like a mule...
    It is now my all time fav gun... I wish I had bought one years ago! As long as your finances permit it, try to talk the wifey into it... My hubby didn't have to big of a problem with me spending 1400+ (I had a nice scope put on and a sling too) as I had it saved up!
    Good luck and hope you get it soon!

If all else fails and since money isnt an object, diamonds (trust theres one shes been drooling over you dont know about) are a girls best friend, potent aphrodisiac and magical path through any and all objections to almost anything as long as you present it the right way. Hint heres your durned dream diamond now im gettin that AR likely wont work

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links