Hurricane Sandy

This is a discussion on Hurricane Sandy within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by zonker1986 Pay attention to this one if you live on the East Coast. They are predicting storms coming down from the North/West ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Pay attention to this one if you live on the East Coast. They are predicting storms coming down from the North/West and colliding with Sandy.....hence the term Frankenstorm.
    Having been through the 2004 Hurricanes that all came right across Orlando (Charley, Francis, Jeanne), don't just blow it off as media hype. If it hits, and you are unprepared
    you will be in a world of hurt. Stock up on canned goods, peanut butter, crackers, and anything that does not need refrigeration or the microwave in case you lose power. Have a couple
    of good flashlights and lanterns on hand, stock up on pet food and all medicine that you might need. Fill your cars up with gasoline NOW. If it hits, gasoline lines will be long and most stations will
    run out of gas. Keep your firearms loaded and ready. If the power goes out, the creepy crawlies come out.

this is what happened to me because all the people that had lived in Orlando a while said, "Hurricanes never hit Orlando". Famous words to ignore.

....I had no power for 17 days after Charley
    ....had no canned food in the house and all restaurants in the area sustained damage and were not open.
    ....did not own a flashlight or have a candle in the house.
    ....stumbled around in the dark at night for 17 days
    ....drove 50 miles to Melbourne over on the east coast just to get gas so I could get to work
    ....waited in line for gas over two hours the week after the storm after things got back to a semblance of "normal".

Take it serious, and prepare. If it decides to fall apart or go out to sea, all the better.....if it hits....like they say its gonna hit, you had better lock and load now.
    Got enough food and water for quite awhile..lots of candles, tactical flashlights, doggie food (thats an easy one to forget), and my girlfriend is saying she feels frisky, so looks like i have entertainment covered also
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

2. Remove Ads

Good luck to all in Sandy's path, I'm down here in Brevard County, Fla, near the beach, I hear the 50 mph winds howlen outside, just got a lot of rain and wind here, lucked out on this one. Looks like the Jersey Shore is going to get hit the most.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

All we get in Kansas is cold and wet...

I passed a bunch of power line contractors from New Brunswick heading south down I-95 in Maine today.

I live in the downstairs of my house. This should be interesting

Hurricane Sandy

Hurricane Sandy, the weather forcasters are saying that, this storm could or will cause wide spread power outages, for the north east. I really do hope for the people in the storms path, are will be safe from what could happen. (for them I pray) they will not be harmed.
    We will see how they get themselves, prepared for this. We will all see if the prepers respond to this also.
    God bless all of thoughs people, that have to suffer though this thing.
    david

A <search> for subject=sandy in past week finds it already running: click.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I live on the outskirts of where Sandy will be traveling through. While we won't get the full force here, they are predicting tropical storm conditions. My house sets on high ground, so I'm not worried about flooding. Power outages are normal around here, usually restored in 1-2 days. I have sufficient food supplies. Water is still available, and if by chance some fool decided my home looks like a good place to take refuge, or anything else, I have a good supply of ammo.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    A <search> for subject=sandy in past week finds it already running: click.
    Well, I punched in Sandy in the search box and the only Sandy thread that showed was this one.....I then went to advanced search and after changing a few things I finally got to the other Sandy thread.

If it takes more effort than that................Search should be simple and effective.
    Sandy Search.jpg
    Attached Images
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Im in the path of sandy, dont know how bad it will be but its looking a little gloomy out there here in eastern PA.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I live on the outskirts of where Sandy will be traveling through. While we won't get the full force here, they are predicting tropical storm conditions. My house sets on high ground, so I'm not worried about flooding. Power outages are normal around here, usually restored in 1-2 days. I have sufficient food supplies. Water is still available, and if by chance some fool decided my home looks like a good place to take refuge, or anything else, I have a good supply of ammo.
    We have similar conditions.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    For some of you, in some places, this may be that SHTF scenerio.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sounds like "sandy" isn't much more than a common Spring storm around here....... lot of rain , and winds that will get up to between 60-130 mph .. ... and they're expecting 75 mph winds. Buck it up folks. I rode my motorcycle home once in 80 mph winds with gusts up to 100 mph. It wasn't fun ducking all of the things flying by me at times and couldn't go over 10 mph ..... but I made it. LOL Around here in the Spring or Summer, if you don't want it anymore.... you put it outside and don't nail it down, tie it down, or anchor it down..... and it ends up in either Nebraska or Oklahoma.

We have 'some' power shortages somewhere with every storm, but then ..... many of us in the worse areas of that have a thing called generators.

NE USA ... couldn't survive in the Mid-West.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Got more provisions today with water, food, and kerosene for heaters in case of power outages. Have plenty of drinking water, as well as water for toilets and washing up with. Worst thing about the power outages is no water from my well. Gotta go to work tommorow. Tuched up my treches around house and reinforced with more pea gravel, now bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Keep your head down & Eyes open, Batten down the hatches & Get ready to Ride The Storm Out

May the Good Lord watch over Y'all ; )

H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links