Hurricane Sandy - Page 3

Hurricane Sandy

This is a discussion on Hurricane Sandy within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Merged threads...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hurricane Sandy

Lead Moderator
    Merged threads
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Yup...............pulled the boat out of the Marina and brought her home......that witch Sandy will be knckin' on our door tomorrow......right through central jersey...Geeeezzzz.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Yup...............pulled the boat out of the Marina and brought her home......that witch Sandy will be knckin' on our door tomorrow......right through central jersey...Geeeezzzz.
    I'm about 7 miles east of Princeton, lucky for us (very unlucky for others) the are now saying the eye will be around AC. Based on last years storm I'm guessing we will have 3 days without power. Hopefully JCP&L will prove me wrong.
    Glock Armorer

It is getting close to shore, time to duck or get out.
    East Conus Water Vapor Loop - Satellite Services Division - Office of Satellite Data Processing and Distribution

What's your speculation on if the power is still off November 6? Will the polls be open, will voters stay home because of the storm?
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Were gonna fight through it here in Jersey..........tonight's gonna be rough..........tomorrow's a new day.

Sandy, Irena, and othe possib SHTF scenarios had me install a BU generator in my house in NH and am installing one in TX.
    A good emergencey item for everyoones car or truck should be an inverter they can plug into thier car/truck lighter. One truck can keep a laptop, a couple of lights, your router and moden and laptop going during a power outage (even if you lose electricity and you have internet via your cable provider you might still have the internet).
    bu gen.jpg

Everybody stay safe.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Sandy, Irena, and othe possib SHTF scenarios had me install a BU generator in my house in NH and am installing one in TX.
    A good emergencey item for everyoones car or truck should be an inverter they can plug into thier car/truck lighter. One truck can keep a laptop, a couple of lights, your router and moden and laptop going during a power outage (even if you lose electricity and you have internet via your cable provider you might still have the internet).
    bu gen.jpg

Everybody stay safe.

That's a beast of a generator.
    Glock Armorer

bu gen.jpg

Everybody stay safe.
    oooh...drools at power toy...^^^
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    bu gen.jpg

Everybody stay safe.
    Been looking at those at Lowes and trying to figure how big a one to buy and come up with the money to purchase one.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

One showed up on my door step today from UPS. Nothing nice like that but enough to run a space heater, fridge, and some lights.

If we didn't have a two year old I probably wouldn't have even worried about it...

Photos

Looks like a mess, in New York City, New Jersey and other nearby low-lying areas.

Sandy Leaves Trail of Destruction -- Oct 30 4am EST

N.J. Nuclear Plant on Alert -- Oct 30 12am EST

Some doomsday-style reviews have a few fake photos; uncertain how many are real, in this one -- Breaking News: Manhattan Is Under Water, EliteDaily.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Weather didnt get that bad here thank God. Good luck to all those in the who were in the direct path of Sandy.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    While the damage wasn't as devastating as Hurricane Andrew on an equal scale, Sandy covered a much larger area and affected millions more people. By sheer luck, Andrew struck a relatively unpopulated area in comparison.

Hang in there, folks. It's a long road back but you'll make it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links