tec-9

This is a discussion on tec-9 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; how do you guys feel about this gun??? and is really banned?...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bark'n

Thread: tec-9

tec-9

how do you guys feel about this gun??? and is really banned?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

The TEC-9 and it's later brother the KG-99 are simply designed, large mag capacity, assault pistols?.

I owned one of the original open bolt TEC-9's and a later KG-99. They were fun to shoot and a crowd pleaser, had decent accuracy (the KG-99) for what they were. Just like the MAC-10 type pistols there was not really a use for them except if you liked to shoot them and wanted something that looked like a submachinegun but wasn't. It all depends on your intended purpose for it.

I am not aware that they are banned anywhere. The open bolt versions command a premium price simply due to them being easier to convert legally to select fire.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    banned?? myabe in some states . It is a semi-auto pistol. I don't see any need for one but everyone has there wants. Iits nearly as usefull as a full sized semi-auto pistol.

I had a KG-99. I got talked into it by a cop who said it would make a pretty good home defense gun. I thought it was very difficult to be very accurate with it due to the poor sights and poor ergonomics. I hated it. I traded it and motorcycle for my Colt AR-15. I know I got the better end of the trade.

I would much rather have a Glock-17 or Glock-19 with a 33 round extended mag than a Tec-9 or KG-99 any day.
    DIRO305 and tacman605 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I'm sure the kG-99 would be fun in Full Auto. I have Full Auto Mac 10 and at 1200 rpm it a blast to shoot. Yea it's a wast of ammo but people love shooting it.
    Mike

There's nothing to hate about a Tec-9 as long as it's functioning correctly.
    And usually when it isn't, the problem is an easy fix...
    Seriously, just look at it, it's SWEET!!!
    If anyone needs parts for their Intratec or later Interdynamic firearms, here's a video for you:

Happy Shooting!

Links