Ruger 10/22 Takedown Optics

This is a discussion on Ruger 10/22 Takedown Optics within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Ruger 10/22 takedown comes with its own carrying case. The case is designed for the gun to be broken apart into three distinct parts, ...

Thread: Ruger 10/22 Takedown Optics

VIP Member

The Ruger 10/22 takedown comes with its own carrying case. The case is designed for the gun to be broken apart into three distinct parts, the stock, barrel and the optics. I'm curious for those of you that have the 10/22 what you're using for optics and what you are using for the base. How do you ensure it returns zero when you put the optic back on the assembled weapon. I appreciate any input y'all have.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    You just had to bring this up.

Tried to put mine in it's case-doesn't fit with the 3-9x40 NCStar. So much for recycling a scope I had. Now I'll need to start looking for something smaller.

THANKS ALOT
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Impact Guns had a Ruger Take Down Rifle that came with a scope already mounted. I can't remember what it was though.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CVarner View Post
    Impact Guns had a Ruger Take Down Rifle that came with a scope already mounted. I can't remember what it was though.
    Perfect, thanks. Now I know what to look for. Its the rings that make the difference as they can be removed and remounted and go back to zero (assumes you don't remove the scope from the rings.)

Ruger 10/22 Take Down Package, With Scope & Mags, Boresighted - Impact Guns

10/22 Takedown Rifle Package, 22 LR, Nikon ProStaff 4X Scope, Leupold QRW Quick Release Rings, 10 round Ruger Clear magazine, 10 round Ruger balck standard magazine, 25 round Ruger BX25 magazine, Slick Ultra 10/22 Cleaning Kit and Ruger Soft case.

Very Limited availbility.

High quality name brand accessories include: Nikon 4x scope, mounted and bore sighted using the Ruger scope base and Leupold QRW rings. These rings allow the scope to be removed and re-installed easily and with "Back to Zero" accuracy. We check the rifle for function and add a few extra mags.

This package is ready to use, you just need ammo- and LOTS of it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Gun tests did an article on the gun and found it repeated zero acceptably; snugging up the barrel retention nut (ring?) was key. A red dot sight with a QR mount might be another option to consider.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links