Should I wait on a good deal on these, or go for this other deal?

This is a discussion on Should I wait on a good deal on these, or go for this other deal? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Dick's Sporting Goods is selling the Mossberg Maverick 88 in 12g or 20g for $180 bucks or so. A shotgun and rifle were last on ...

Thread: Should I wait on a good deal on these, or go for this other deal?

Should I wait on a good deal on these, or go for this other deal?

Dick's Sporting Goods is selling the Mossberg Maverick 88 in 12g or 20g for $180 bucks or so.

A shotgun and rifle were last on my life, as I want a .22 and 9mm pistol first. I don't know if I should wait on a deal though, I keep seeing the Ruger SR9 and SR22 I was at nearly MSRP when I know it's possible to get them for $399 and $299 respectively.

Any advice? I could have the Mossberg this weekend, the other two I have no idea.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    That's a decent deal on the shotty, about $25 - $50 off of Bud's prices (Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop). If you don't have ANYTHING at this time, get it. If you already have something, a 12 gauge would be a great addition. With the savings, you could get a good mix of 00 or #4 Buck and some 7 1/2 bird shot.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I like the Mossberg 500 Persuader, and this gun is basically the budget version. I'd want a pistol grip eventually too I think. I currently have a .38spl revolver, so a 9mm semi auto or .22 semi auto were next on my list.

I'm looking at $200 out the door for the Maverick versus 375-475 for what I'm seeing for the 9mm and .22. I'll decide over the week and I'll get it on Friday or Saturday when I have the money.

Links