Keltec P11 cracked polymer frame Customer service

This is a discussion on Keltec P11 cracked polymer frame Customer service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I sent in my P11 about 2 months ago,the polymer frame was cracked from one side to the other thru the trigger hole.I got the ...

Thread: Keltec P11 cracked polymer frame Customer service

I sent in my P11 about 2 months ago,the polymer frame was cracked from one side to the other thru the trigger hole.I got the gun back today,or should I say a NEW GUN.My P11 was at least 3 years old and I bought it used,the sheet I got back with the new gun was that they replaced everything including the barrel and it cost me nothing except shipping to them.I had to fill out a new 4473 since it was a new gun with a different SN.
    Not too bad
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have heard several times that Kel tech has excellent customer service. I havent needed it, as my P3AT has been perfect.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Sorry, I can't see an upside here! How in the heck can a gun frame crack on that level. I would not want another gun, I'm thinking money back. JMHO!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Any dealings I have had with Kel Tec have been 100% satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Sorry, I can't see an upside here! How in the heck can a gun frame crack on that level. I would not want another gun, I'm thinking money back. JMHO!
    He bought it used.. aint gonna happen from ANY manufacturer.

Plus, who knows what the previous owner did.. he could have ran some extremely hot handloads through it, causing excessive frame stress.. it may have been a flaw in the polymer material.. Kel-Tec doesnt make the polymer, only molds it.. any number of legit explanations.

There have been equally as severe failings in any other so called "top tier" manufacturer as well.. they made it right, thats all that matters.

Why, that's almost as good as HiPoint service (woulda been faster, and you might have gotten an extra mag with the returned weapon).

Made in the USA, serviced in the USA... I'm all for it.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

There service is world class .

I am less than 30 miles from the plant .

I have a four year old .380 that has about 2000 rounds threw . Trigger failed at range took to plant fixed while I waited 30 mins.

Bought .32 had a problem with mag clip loose same thing fixed less than hour .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I sent in my P11 about 2 months ago,the polymer frame was cracked from one side to the other thru the trigger hole.I got the gun back today,or should I say a NEW GUN.My P11 was at least 3 years old and I bought it used,the sheet I got back with the new gun was that they replaced everything including the barrel and it cost me nothing except shipping to them.I had to fill out a new 4473 since it was a new gun with a different SN.
    Not too bad
    What was the round count on the old gun? Any idea?
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

I bought a hi point used and yes it is big but u know it is accurate and has yet failed to launch any of it's missiles yet. But I still love my SW642. But if the hi point was all I could afford I would trust it as a SD weapon.. It works as the tool that it is.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Links