Defensive Carry banner

When Did Colt Come Up With This One?

994 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Crowman 
#1 ·
I was poking around on the Colt website and found this. Of course I am probably the only person on earth who didn't know they were "cranking" out Gatling guns again. Would this be cool or what?!

1877 Bulldog Gatling Gun

Museum Quality
Fully Operational
Built To Original Size
45-70 Government Caliber
Fires Up To 800 Rounds Per Minute
Five Fully Brass Encased Direct Drive Barrels
Beautiful Brass and Iron Tripod
Walnut Stained Hard Wood Tripod Legs
V-Notch Rear Sight, Graduated To 1,000 Yards
Includes Deluxe Transit Chests, Tools and Accessories
Limited One Year Warranty On All Parts and Labor
Made In The U.S.A

#2 ·
They have been hyping them for the last 6 months or a year. They were on Top Shot last season if you watch that, and seem to be at lots of promotional shoots.

#3 ·
Figured I was the only one.

We have a nice sized flat-screen television in the library. No cable, satellite, or network though. Only used for DVDs. We're primitive here.

#7 ·
I'd love to have one, but at $50,000, they aren't even in the same county as my ballpark. ;-)
Oh, but wouldn't it be splendid for the trips we occasionally make down to a remote corner of Texas to shoot from a canyon rim to infinity. Bet those .45-70 bullets would raise a spectacular cloud of dust way past 1000 yards.

#5 ·
I’m curious, since the ATF defines a machinegun as a firearm that fires multiple rounds with a single pull of the trigger how will they classify a Gatling Gun since it does not have a trigger.

#13 ·
I'll take 2........ :smoke23:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.