Where to find gun laws?

This is a discussion on Where to find gun laws? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Where do you guys go to find gun laws? I have decided to travel through numerous states in my car. I want to carry the ...

Thread: Where to find gun laws?

Where to find gun laws?

Where do you guys go to find gun laws? I have decided to travel through numerous states in my car. I want to carry the entire time. But I am trying to do as much research as possible to know each states individual laws. It seems every time I search I can find out how to apply for a CCW in that state but not so much on their laws about actually carrying one. So where do you guys go for your info?

I plan to call each individual state and ask certain questions (along with getting their name). So far I have come up with....

1 - Can I openly carry?
    2 - Can I openly carry in my car?
    3 - Can I conceal carry?
    4 - Can I conceal carry in my car?
    5 - Can I travel with boxes of ammo?
    6 - Is there a restriction with the qty of ammo I travel with?

Can you think of any other questions I should ask?

2. Remove Ads

Handgun law.us is a good place to start. It is linked in the concealed carry issues forum.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
    Thomas Jefferson

Here... Concealed Carry Resources, Maps and Forums - USA Carry

Hit Concealed Carry Resources at the top of the page and check out the two maps.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

i like handgunlaws.us They sum up what you need to know without having to read volumes of states codes.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by wingit View Post
    Where do you guys go to find gun laws? I have decided to travel through numerous states in my car. I want to carry the entire time. But I am trying to do as much research as possible to know each states individual laws. It seems every time I search I can find out how to apply for a CCW in that state but not so much on their laws about actually carrying one. So where do you guys go for your info?

I plan to call each individual state and ask certain questions (along with getting their name). So far I have come up with....

1 - Can I openly carry?
    3 - Can I conceal carry?

Regardless of what you are told, regardless of what name you get--NOTHING beats reading the law yourself. Check out the links provided.

I'm a fan of: Handgunlaw.us
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar

1 - Can I openly carry?
    3 - Can I conceal carry?

firstly, your own state's .gov website and secondly www.handgunlaw.us

The internet sites on gun laws nationwide are useful however to know the exact laws it is best to check each state's website concerning there laws.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

do a search for "state name" + revised statutes.

For "touchy" stuff like what local LEO's sometimes ignore, like recognition of non-resident permits, officer notification, and OC, you can email the AG of the state for a response on letterhead to carry with you.

VIP Member
    Also check OpenCarry.org | for state laws pertaining to open carry.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Google whatever state's statutes you wish to research. For instance, Florida's gun laws are found in the statutes under the title for "crimes." That opens a list of statutes, one of which is "Weapons and Firearms." Bear in mind that other seemingly non-associated statutes may carry legal restrictions on firearms.

Sites such as Handgunlaw.us are handy for quick reference, but may be outdated. State statutes trump all internet lore.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Check out https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel/--it sounds like exactly what you need. Then follow up by checking each state's law website as previously suggested.

Don't bother making phone calls--it will just get you the [possibly uninformed] opinion of whoever answers the phone.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Links