SHTF in parts of NY and NJ - Page 2

SHTF in parts of NY and NJ

This is a discussion on SHTF in parts of NY and NJ within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Pythius Yup, sheet has hit the fan in parts of Long Island, NYC, New Jersey, and elsewhere. This is why I think ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: SHTF in parts of NY and NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    Yup, sheet has hit the fan in parts of Long Island, NYC, New Jersey, and elsewhere.

This is why I think all homeowners should buy a rifle or shotgun, and keep it home for just such a situation.
    Do you have a link for the story?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

head to news.google.com and type in looter A6ZLOvfCcAAWbUq.jpg
    marcclarke likes this.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    A far cry for SHTF in my book

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    A far cry for SHTF in my book
    One mans SHTF event is another mans manageable crisis. It all depends upon how you are prepared. How prepared am I, that's the question we should ask ourselfs.
    OD*, ron8903 and mprp like this.

Spoke to my son, and a few friends... According to them there's not much going on. Everyone pretty much hunkering down. Coney Island was under water... Whats to loot? If there is a crisis and my family is hungry... I'm going to do what I must to feed them. Call it looting if you like... I wont let tham starve.
    KoB likes this.

I think every law abiding citizen should own a firearm of some sort for personal and home defence. I pray for the ones that had to endure the wrath of sandy. And hope they can get their lives back in order. Stay safe.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Spoke to my son, and a few friends... According to them there's not much going on. Everyone pretty much hunkering down. Coney Island was under water... Whats to loot? If there is a crisis and my family is hungry... I'm going to do what I must to feed them. Call it looting if you like... I wont let tham starve.

I think the power has been out for like 4 days, your fam could prob make it 30 or 40 days before they starve...

Quote Originally Posted by GetSmith View Post
    One mans SHTF event is another mans manageable crisis. It all depends upon how you are prepared. How prepared am I, that's the question we should ask ourselfs.
    Very well said.

Preparation for adverse events is one of the hallmarks of mature adults.

I believe the looting is being reported as widespread in NY, NJ...Groups of young people are being referred to as "Wolfpacks"..Just google "looting after Sandy" and start reading...If I lived up in that area, I'd certainly call it a SHTF moment...Especially with the difficulty of having a weapon(s) for home/personal defense in NY....JMO

Hurricane Sandy Looting, Fights Plague South Brooklyn (PHOTOS)

Hurricane Sandy Looters Emerge As New Jersey Floodwaters Recede

Superstom Sandy looters brag on Twitter: 'Even momma got outta house to loot new shirt' | Mail Online
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    I believe the looting is being reported as widespread in NY, NJ...Groups of young people are being referred to as "Wolfpacks"..Just google "looting after Sandy" and start reading...If I lived up in that area, I'd certainly call it a SHTF moment...Especially with the difficulty of having a weapon(s) for home/personal defense in NY....JMO

Hurricane Sandy Looting, Fights Plague South Brooklyn (PHOTOS)

Hurricane Sandy Looters Emerge As New Jersey Floodwaters Recede

Superstom Sandy looters brag on Twitter: 'Even momma got outta house to loot new shirt' | Mail Online
    Still seems like it's being made to sound way worse than it actually is. The second link talks about the damage way more than looting.

Administrator
    People are dumpster diving for food in Manhattan already. How is that for being totally unprepared for anything?

How long do you think it will be before Martial Law is declared for NYC?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

When you are hungry,thirsty,and the kids are cold social norms and rule of law are meaningless. It blows my mind that people don't prepare for a minor event like this. We live in the land of plenty and it causes complacency.

I have over 600lbs of Rice and beans with lots of freeze dried/dehydrated/canned goods. 1600 gallons of water storage on site and enough ammo for a platoon. Nobody will be looting my place as I'll bring in others and we will defend our families.

The contrast of how people think a SHTF event would play out is interesting. My stepmom has got on board to prep. She has all kinds of cool toys but no guns or ammo. She placed 750 gallons of water storage in thier backyard in the suburbs. I tried to tell her that if an event was bad enough for her to need that water others would take it and maybe more. She thinks a fence would keep people out of here back yard with a pool and fruit trees. Silly, I have tried on many occasions to take her shooting at the range but she wont be bothered with it. That's what the police are for.

Complacency and lack of personal responsibility are at the root of many of our nations problems. We are quick to blame Washington but we share just as much if not more of the blame. When are we going to stand up and take our country back?
    wingryder likes this.

We lose electricity due to storms every year..... in Spring and Summer. And, then there's the winter storms.... the ice storms do the most damage to power lines. The last one , the hi temps were 9*F , and electricity was out for about 14 days. But, that never hits the news. But, then around here we keep extra gas, extra food / water, good lamps / heaters / gas stoves, and generators. We don't rely on the Govt to do it for us.

Just saying, different approaches and outlooks , in different areas. Most people do have rifles, shotguns, handguns, etc. .... so looting would be bad for the looters.

Seems in the largest cities in the country, much more "independence" is given up by it's occupants ..............

Sorry to hear about the problems due to the storm, the looting, etc...... but can't really say it's all that surprising.

Has the National Guard been mobilized in most areas , and what are they doing at this point ??
    atctimmy and goldmaster like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

We lost power here for 9 days a few year back. No troubles. No looting.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links