SHTF in parts of NY and NJ

This is a discussion on SHTF in parts of NY and NJ within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yup, sheet has hit the fan in parts of Long Island, NYC, New Jersey, and elsewhere. This is why I think all homeowners should buy ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: SHTF in parts of NY and NJ

SHTF in parts of NY and NJ

Yup, sheet has hit the fan in parts of Long Island, NYC, New Jersey, and elsewhere.

This is why I think all homeowners should buy a rifle or shotgun, and keep it home for just such a situation.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    Yup, sheet has hit the fan in parts of Long Island, NYC, New Jersey, and elsewhere.

This is why I think all homeowners should buy a rifle or shotgun, and keep it home for just such a situation.
    We haven't been hearing much from members in that area, understandably. How are you doing?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I'm surprised to took those dirtbags that long! Some people are just a useless POS that will prey on someone else's misery!
    That's what happens when you give people everything in life! They have no ideal what it means to work hard for something and earn it!
    You can save the preaching to me about being a "victim of their environment"! As far as I'm concerned we all create our own environments!
    Just sucks for the people they are preying on!! Oh, yea... better make sure you do not have a pistol to protect yourself in NYC or you are screwed!!
    mg27 and RichB70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    We haven't been hearing much from members in that area, understandably. How are you doing?
    im stuck in LA.

my folks are stuck in Miami.

some of my relatives in Manhattan..have abandoned for other parts of the city with power.

the stores in the blackout area have no more food...or water in buildings higher than 6 floors..or elevators.

Is it getting worse? There seemed to be isolated cases people were blowing out of proportion before.

Are people robbing and looting over there? Haven't been around TV or radio last couple days. Whats the latest?

Highly unlikely you will hear anything on the news about looting this time, doesn't benefit the demon cats.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

the looting was extremely isolated and small in number.

most NYers, just like after 9-11 and the 2003 black-out, are being responsible and law-abiding.

power is out, water is gone, stores & supermarkets are empty, subways and buses are gone...but we are still human beings.

the birth rate will be much higher in about 9 months. It happened during the previous famous blackout.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Got a buddy about 20-25 miles north of midtown Manhattan above the Tappan Zee Bridge. He's got a generator and is posting Verizon's FiOS (internet) is still up and he's running off a generator. Cell phone service is intermittent at best. Hundreds of trees are down, total blackout, curfew. Says it will be days before power is restored. Nothing about looting.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I read Coney Island was hit hard by looters.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Saw that 25% of cell phone towers were down in that area.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Hotel occupancy rate is suddenly up in FL. Hummm.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I read Coney Island was hit hard by looters.
    15 arrests for looting..isn't "hit hard".

Quote Originally Posted by Pythius View Post
    most NYers, just like after 9-11 and the 2003 black-out, are being responsible and law-abiding.
    Most? I hope it's more than "most" ... if 99% are being good, that still leaves 100,000 for looting!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links